Chapter 19: Never gonna give you up

Through out their entire dinner, Beca and Chloe never let their eyes stray off one another, too enamored to look away. They were tucked away in a far corner of the tiny restaurant, hidden from a majority of the other guests' view. Not that they were complaining.

In fact, just the opposite. This afforded them some privacy, and with the way the pair continued to undress one another with their eyes, they could take advantage of it. But, they wouldn't. Although, it was an extremely tempting thought.

Taking a sip of the red wine they'd been served, Beca smirked and leaned her upper body across the table, lowering her voice. "You have got to stop doing that."

Chloe sent a smirk of her own, but hers more mischievous. "Stop doing what?" She asked innocently, as if Beca had no idea what she was talking about.

"We both know you know what you're doing."

"Oh, this?"

Her foot glided up and down her leg, making the brunette squirm. She practically lost it when she grazed her crotch. Chloe had taken her heels off only moments ago, claiming her feet were sore, which Beca didn't buy at all. She knew she did it to tease her, much like she did now.

"Yes," she hissed through clenched teeth. "That is exactly it. Do it one more time, and I'm not going to be held for my actions."

As if daring her to prove it, Chloe's bare foot trailed over Beca's lap while a sly grin curled the corners of her mouth upward. "Oops," she breathed, her tone the farthest from apologetic.

With a strangled breath, Beca shut her eyes, and then Chloe did it again. That was it.

"We're leaving. Now."

——————

As hot and bothered as they'd been when they left the restaurant, they were more so now as they took the elevator up to their floor. The tension building and buzzing between them was apparent, but they had to refrain due to the small family that joined them on the lift.

Beca and Chloe were crowded into the corner, the family spreading out and taking up more room than necessary. Their bodies pressed firmly against one another, every contour and line fitting together perfectly. The two kids in this family of four were loud and obnoxious, their parents unable to control them.

Chloe bit her lip and glanced over at Beca. This was both amusing and a tad discouraging. They'd hightailed it back to the hotel in hopes of escaping to the bedroom for the remainder of the night, but were put to a screeching halt by this rambunctious family.

Finally— finally— the time came for the group of four to step off the elevator. The children's screams and whines could be heard even as the doors were closed.

Beca leaned her head back against the cool metal of a wall, and chuckled. "Damn, I thought they'd never shut up."

Trying to give the kids the benefit of the doubt, Chloe shrugged her shoulders and rested her cheek on Beca's shoulder. "It is getting late, they were probably just overly tired."

"Are you saying you were okay with all the yelling?"

"Absolutely not," she stated immediately. "But I understand why they may have been acting that way. I don't like that type of behavior, though. No matter how tired those kids may have been, they shouldn't have been screaming like that."

Arms encircling her waist, Beca smiled, her lips pressing a kiss to the redhead's hair. "Well, it's all nice and quiet now," she murmured, causing Chloe to pull back at arm's length as she cast her focus between Beca's eyes and lips.