Chapter 23: Homeward bound

The morning arrived all too fast, its presence looming over Beca and Chloe as they packed all of their belongings for the last time.

The final day was here, which was something neither of them could believe. As they shut the hotel door behind them, they silently walked to the elevator, merely holding the other's free hand while their luggage trailed after them. Beca stepped aside to let Chloe get on first, he then joined her, pressing the button for the main level.

When the elevator doors opened to reveal the lobby, they exited and headed toward the front desk to check out. Once they finished filling out some paperwork and got everything sorted out and paid for, they were all set to go.

Their flight left at eleven, so that gave them more than enough time before they had to get to the airport.

Beca and Chloe made it outside and, as expected, André was waiting for them. Chloe had called him earlier, when she first woke up to make sure they had a ride to the airport. She smiled when she saw the older man, waving as she and Beca reached the bottom of the steps.

"Good morning," she greeted, watching as the taxi driver grabbed their suitcases and put them in the trunk of his yellow cab.

"Good morning to you, Miss Beale." He shut the trunk, then walked over to shake Beca's hand. "Nice to meet you. My name is André."

Beca grinned as she took the proffered hand. "I'm Beca. Beca Mitchell. And the pleasure's mine, André."

"Beca Mitchell, the famous singer?"

A blush crept on the brunette's cheeks. "Yeah, that's me."

"It is very nice to meet you, Miss Mitchell."

The couple got in the back passenger seats, while the older taxi driver headed for the front seat. Soon, they were on the road. Silence filled the taxi, and as André drove, he continued to glance in the rearview mirror with a grin on his face. The woman before him was different somehow. He figured it had a lot to do with the woman beside her, the one who couldn't seem to keep her hands to herself.

Seemed like she found love after all, that much was obvious. Just a single glance at the two of them, told him more than any words could. He could clearly see the love each had for one another by the looks given when the other wasn't looking.

When they shared a soft kiss, André blushed slightly for peeping on what was meant to be a private moment between the couple. He cleared his throat, gaining Beca and Chloe's attention.

Through the rearview mirror, his eyes glimmered with curiosity. "How did my advice treat you, Miss Beale?" The older man asked.

Chloe could only tilt her head down slightly, the redness tinting her cheeks giving her true feelings away. She laced her fingers through Beca's, squeezing her hand in her own. Beca just beamed at her. She turned to André, bottom lip between her teeth before she said, "Better than I could've imagined."

Eyes crinkling with happiness as he smiled at his passengers, André winked at her. "Yes. I can see that."

His response caused Beca to blush, again.

——————

In a record amount of time, Beca and Chloe breezed through immigration control, and were now waiting for the plane to arrive to take them home. They still had a little over an hour before they had to board, so, with time to spare, the couple decided to remain at the departure gate. Better to wait and board on time than to rush and have the possibility of missing the flight.

Head resting on her shoulder, Chloe shut her eyes and let Beca's presence next to her lull her into a relaxed, calm state. Beca gladly obliged, opening her arms for her as they cuddled at the gate. Neither seemed to mind the looks that got thrown their way, they were too absorbed in one another to notice.