Chapter 11: Crazy in love

This was good. Better than anything she has ever written before. Chloe grinned to herself, eyes gliding over the words scribbled down in the moleskin notebook she found on the nightstand. She was captivated, completely lost in the lyrics Beca created.

She'd woken up earlier to find the brunette wrapped around her like a heated blanket. Beca kept her grounded, anchoring her to reality when her mind tried to escape and float away. Chloe spent a few minutes just relishing in the feel of Beca's naked body against her own, how she surrounded her and never let go.

That was until her bladder cried out.

So she got out of the younger woman's embrace, being as quiet as possible, and skirted over to the en suite. When she returned, that's when she noticed the moleskin on the bedside. Chloe hadn't seen her use it, this being the first time she'd seen it.

Her curiosity got the better of her, so she took a detour toward the other side of the bed, grabbed the small notebook, slipped on Beca's robe, and took a seat as she began reading.

Chloe should probably tell Beca this, but over those two years they had spent away from one another, she was never not listening to her music. It gave her a connection to Beca, made the difficulties of the separation somewhat bearable. As soon as they'd gone their separate days she wanted to chase after her, tell her how sorry she was and hold onto her forever.

God. If only Chloe had listened to her heart and not her head... If only.

Ever since then, she would find herself listening to her music, her lyrics, yet there were always new surprises awaiting her in every song. Just like now, as she read over the latest song in the notebook.

It wasn't perfect, but it was fairly close. And the more Chloe read, the more she yearned for. Coming to the end of the page she wrote on, Chloe felt sad she was nearing an end– for right now at least. And yet, the feeling of excitement bubbled in her veins. She couldn't wait to see what Beca would write next.

Chloe shut the notebook closed, a hand ghosting across the leather binding as if in a sweet caress, and placed it back on the nightstand where she found it. She couldn't stop smiling as Beca's words echoed in her ears.

With a small sigh, she glanced over to the bed, the smile on her lips grow even wider, crinkles forming around her eyes. Beca looked so peaceful in those bundled sheets, her body exposed for all to see as she slept the remainder of the afternoon away. Every so often she'd let out a grumble or two, her nose would crinkle and Chloe would be lying to herself if she said it wasn't the cutest thing she'd ever seen.

The need to run her fingers through her hair as it flopped over her forehead was tempting, so she disrobed herself from Beca's robe– which was super soft, she'd definitely be using this more than the other woman– and joined her in the bed.

Hiking a leg over her hips, Chloe's legs braced them as she straddled her. The movements didn't falter her sleep in the slightest. So, in order to remedy that, Chloe leaned down, her breasts pressing against her chest as she captured her lips in a tender kiss. Beca was unresponsive, and just as she was contemplating pulling away her mouth was moving.

Delicate hands traveled along her calves, the back of her knee, and up her thighs before finding a home on her hips. Beca moaned against Chloe's lips, her tongue darting out to swipe along the seam of the redhead's mouth, desperately seeking entrance. Chloe didn't budge, though. No, she kept her mouth shut tight.

Her stubbornness made Beca growl in frustration, so she tried again. Same result.

In an attempt to see if she could tease it out of her, Beca clumsily flipped them over, Chloe now beneath her. The maneuver came as a shock to Chloe, her mouth opening unwillingly and offering Beca the opportunity she had been hoping for. Her tongue invaded the other woman's mouth, dancing with Chloe's as she deepened the kiss. And that's when she gave in.