Adam Faulkner x Reader

(Y/n) flinched when she saw a short and bright lighting coming from somewhere.

She began to breathe heavily. She felt eyes staring at her from behind.

(Y/n) stopped walking. She didn't even dare to turn around. Suddenly a hand grabbed her shoulder.

She held her breath in for a few seconds, which felt like minutes.

The grip on her shoulder tightened and turned her over so that she looked directly at the person who grabbed her. 

"Adam Faulkner...?" She exhaled in relief.

"Yes, Adam Faulkner. What an honor that you still remember my name."

"Why shouldn't I? You were always my best friend." He winked and let go of her.

"I was looking for you!" He explained and stared at her.

"Why...?" She brought out a little confused at the young man's statement.

"You are famous." He said teasingly, holding his camera over to her to show her a picture.

"Do you see this photo here?" (Y/n) nodded after a few seconds. "Who is that?" She asked sounding curious.

"I'll explain it later. The main thing is I get some cash for doing this!"

She was reliefed that Adam didn't take pictures of her, neither was one of those insane paparazzi's

It had happened several times before that people took pictures of her.

A lot people, especially journalists, spread rumors around about her if someone took a picture.

For example that she maybe had an admirer. Or that she's trying to publish a new book.

Most of the time, all of this was never true. Her statements in interviews about it were mostly twisted so that they sounded different. And her fans were totally crazy to the point that someone kissed her one time...

All of this made her tired.

She didn't really feel like going out, because of those reasons and rumours.

Those journalists acted like Freddie Lounds from Hannibal. Especially Pamela Jenkins...

Pamela herself revealed that she was a big fan of (Y/n's) books and tried to get more information out of her everytime they saw each other. Which never worked.

(Y/n) was good at keeping her mouth shut.

Adam continued with talking. "By the way, it's been a while since we've seen each other."

(Y/n) nodded thoughtfully. "Three years exactly, when I started my career as an author."

"How about we make up the three years we didn't had fun?" He smiled and his smile made her feel different.

Adam was always her crush and they already had been together, but (Y/n) decided to focus more on the career than him which brought their relationship to an end. Even though they never really broke up.

"What do you mean by fun..?" She asked looking up at him and into his beautiful brown eyes.

"You know... fun... just living our life!" He said and his smile widened.

"Oh, you mean fun, that one time your stupid friend called Scott Tibbs slapped my ass!?"

You both bursted out into laughter. "I mean I would've done that to." (Y/n) could suddenly feel the heat of her red, blushing face. Luckily Adam didn't notice that. At least she thought that.

"(Y/n), look, I really missed our time together... and I still miss the times."

"Adam I-" She wanted to kiss him so badly. (Y/n) wanted to feel his soft lips on hers, but something held her back.

"How did you find me though?"

"I was taking picture from a man... the pictures I showed you... You know that I'll get money for that. And this guy who wants me to take the pictures gives me 200$ per day. That's a good deal. I was taking pictures of that blondie (Larry my hottie) when I saw you walking by. I had to take this chance to see you again."

This time (Y/n) was the one who smiled. "I also missed you Adam."

"You know what else I missed?" He asked and gave her a bright grin. (Y/n) shook her head after a while.

"Sex!"

"Sex?" She asked and avoided eye contact with him. However, Adam noticed this and raised her chin to make her look at him again. "After you left I didn't get any pleasure and I really missed that feeling."

(Y/n) reached out a hand for him to grab. Adam grabbed her hand and they walked to his house.

I mainly missed you and your weird compliments, the tries to flirt with me and your cringy movies that you want to watch- but you're right. I also missed that." She said after a while they were walking.

"I know!"

"How do you know?" She asked a bit unsure. "I know how much you liked it everytime we've done that." He chuckled.

"Haha, don't lie. You're the one who's asking me for it." Adam scoffed. "Pffft, whatever you say." She answered.

He rolled his eyes in amusement before he placed a soft kiss on her lips. "Let's go, we have to catch up three years without sex after all."

~~~

Word count: 845 words