Chapter 3

E. Gadd: We'll test out the communications system later... Oh, and I have one more thing to give you.

E. Gadd took out and small red-like device.

E. Gadd: The very first thing you need to do is install this elevator tracker inside the elevator for me, OK?

E. Gadd handed the device to Luigi.

E. Gadd: As for what it is... I'll tell you later! Go on and get it installed! Head for the elevator! I'm counting on you both!

You, Luigi and your pups exited the lab. Walking towards the elevator and installing the device. The device hissed and steamed and the device transformed into a screen. Professors call came on and saw you and Luigi.

E. Gadd: Hello, Y/N and Luigi! It seems like the installation was a success! Now then, as to what the device does... Well, it extracts map data about the floors from the elevator! Then it takes all that data and displays it on the monitor! Isn't that great? Hey, why don't you take those elevator buttons you collected and insert them into the panel?

You and Luigi took out the buttons, but both of them flew out of you and Luigi's hands and inserted themselves in.

Y/N: Whoa! Cool!

E. Gadd: Now you're able to view the map floor! There's another surprise. That device links with both of your Virtual Boo! The map is automatically sent to the VB, so you can view the map anywhere, anytime! If you open the map from the VB menu, you can check out an even more detailed map. Don't go forgetting about it, OK?

You and Luigi gave E. Gadd a thumbs up.

E. Gadd: Let me break it down for you two. The map is super helpful for exploring new floors... While you're exploring the hotel, you should hunt down the elevator buttons... Those buttons will let you reach new floors, ripe for exploration! Oh, and you might find your family there. Hehehe! One more thing before you both go, we need to do a quick test of the VB communication system.

You and Luigi opened your VB and went to E. Gadd hotline.

E. Gadd: Testing... Testing... one, two, three... This is E. Gadd, resident genius! Am I coming through loud and clear?

Y/N: Loud and clear, professor!

E. Gadd: Fantastic! It appears that VB's communication system is working perfectly! That means you can use this to contact me anytime you need to! If you two feel the need to talk to me, just do what you did for the test! I may be able to offer some advice in a tough situation! Oh! You can also check out the log using the very same system. Let me know if that's why you're calling, and you'll be able to see your progress! Ok, testing my invention is fun, but we should get back to work. And speaking of work... I have a job for you two!

Y/N: Give it to us, Professor! What do you need?

E. Gadd: So you're able to take the elevator up to 5F now, right?

Luigi/You: Yes.

E. Gadd: I was staying in a room on that floor... There's a briefcase in my room. Could you fetch it for me?

Y/N: What's your room number?

E. Gadd: My room number is... Oh, blast, what was it? Eh, you've got a map. You'll figure it out!

Luigi/You: Uh!-

E. Gadd: Good Luck, you two! Try to come back alive!

You and Luigi logged off and looked at each other in surprise.