CHAPTER 23: The Hide Out

SAIGE

After we all finished packing up and headed down to Victor's truck as soon as we got in, his cell phone went off. 

He grabbed it out from his pocket and looked upset before tossing it into the glove compartment and backing out. 

"Who was that?" I asked. 

"Lolita. She's back in town. Wanted to know if I wanted to get together." He laughs. 

I don't really see the humor in it.

"Oh shit, did you break it off with her?!" Maritza asks. "Not that the plan would work now." 

Both Javier and Victor both snap their heads and glare at her, which makes her have a look as if she regrets saying it. 

"Break it off? Plan? What is she talking about?" I asked giving him the benefit of the doubt.

"It's nothing, I swear." Victor says. 

"Come on, you can tell me. If it's nothing then tell me." I tell him. 

He let's out a sigh of frustration before looking through the rear view mirror at Maritza while glaring. 

"Before you and I got together, I had tried to see if maybe there was a way I could use Lolita by making her believe that I was interested in her. Just so I could get to her father. Then she left and was supposed to be gone for a few more weeks but, I guess she returned early." He says. 

We all shared a moment of silence as I thought if rather or not I should ask this question, but now I had to know. 

"Would you have slept with her? Or did you?" I asked. 

"Honestly, I would have. If that's what it took but then she left and I realized that I didn't want to do it and would figure out another way because....I want to be with you." He says. 

I hadn't realized I was tearing up until I felt a tear fall down but I stopped it and out the window. 

"I'm so stupid." I mutter to myself. 

"I swear Saige that the moment before I asked you out, I wasn't gonna go through with it. Especially after seeing you that night when I was talking with my friend and seeing that you really liked me by the way you reacted." He says. 

I can hear the 'guilt' in his voice and think maybe he does mean what he's saying. Plus not to mention, I did ask him that question and at least he was honest. Though it still hurts. 

"I believe you." I tell him. 

When I look over to see him, I notice he has a surprised look upon his face and then smiles. 

"You're amazing. I'm so lucky to have someone like you." He tells me. 

"Yeah well, you can always make it up to me in showing how much you love me." I smirk while being both half serious and half joking. 

He leans over to give me a quick kiss before taking my hand in his as we continue along the freeway towards wherever it is that we're going because I had no idea. Guess it doesn't matter though really. 

*********************
 The Next Day

We drove all through the night with a few rest stops and Javier switched with Victor so that he could sleep in the back with me. Eventually, both Victor and I got woken in up by Javier. 

"We're here guys." He says. 

Both Victor and I try and open our eyes and begin stretching before looking at the place we'd be staying at. 

It's a secluded private place it seems as there are no houses near by us and the property is mostly surrounded by trees and the back seems to have a great view of a lake. It was beautiful-like something out of a movie. 

We grabbed our bags and started heading towards the place. 

While looking around, we had noticed that the place such as the fridge, freezer and cupboards were all filled with drinks and foods. 

"Well, it looks like our parents have already been here." Maritza laughs. 

Next chapter will be posted soon! :) 

Here are pictures of the outside and inside of the lake house.