5: Why Are You Doing This?

You woke up the next morning to the extreme pain in your body. You groaned and opened your eyes to find yourself in your bed. Your rubbed your eyes and found Jimin wasn't beside you. Slowly you got up and sat at the edge of your bed. You thought back to yesterday.

"I thought you promised to never leave me again. Just because I've loosened up on you that doesn't mean you can start seeing other guys!"

Tears welled up in your eyes as you tried to hold them back but they still ran your cheek as you remembered all the pain from yesterday. Every yell, every hit, every time you begged Jimin to stop but like always he just smirked and continued. Why are you doing this to me again? I thought you said you would never hurt me. Then why did I go through all that yesterday? Why!!

Your cries became heavier by the second and you put your head in your knees. You felt hurt, but not just because of the bruises and cuts on your skin. Because the one you loved and trusted had returned back to his abusive self. That hurt you more that anything.

You didn't know how long you stayed there crying until you heard the room door open. You hugged your knees tighter knowing who it was and kept your head down not wanting to see him. You felt Jimin's body weight come beside you and then felt him embrace you tightly. "Baby."

Your heart ached hearing his voice so soft and gentle. As if he wasn't just yelling at you yesterday.

"Look at me."

You shook your head not wanting to. When you refused to listen, Jimin he lifted your chin up to face him. You looked at his eyes which were soft as if he hadn't just beaten the hell out of you yesterday. You didn't even know how long you were lying there on the floor screaming in pain. All you knew was that it felt like forever and Jimin didn't seem to feel any sympathy for you while you screamed at the top of your lungs.

"Jimin-ah why...why did you beat me yesterday? Why are you doing this? Why did you repeat what you used to do years ago?" You said as your never ending flood of tears ran down your face. "Don't you feel any sympathy for me? Don't you feel anything seeing me hurt like that? Do you love hurting me?" You questioned and continued to look straight in Jimin's eyes. Jimin said nothing for a moment then pulled you towards him, hugging you tightly as he rested his head top of yours. "I don't love hurting you" He said gently. "But the thought of you with someone else drives me crazy. It drives me so crazy to the extent that I punish you for it hoping you won't do it again."

You continued to cry with your head in his chest. His embrace felt so warm and secure which for some reason scared you since he acted so cold hearted yesterday. "But why Jimin? Why do you always think that I'm cheating on you? Don't you believe me when I say that I only love you? Because I do. Jimin I only love you and I would never cheat on you."

You pulled away slightly to look at him. "Why don't you ever believe me?"

"Shhh" Jimin said and put a finger over your mouth avoiding your question. He cupped his hands on your face and wiped away your tears. "Baby don't cry." He leaned in and placed his lips on yours softly kissing you. You didn't kiss him back but neither did you have the strength to push him away. You didn't know what to do and simply let Jimin kiss you for who knows how long. Finally when you thought your lips were going to bruise Jimin pulled away. He held your face with his hands but when you avoided his eye contact he sighed then left the room.

You stayed there for moment until you decided to go into Jaemin's room, which used to be your room. You opened the door quietly and walked over to the edge of his bed and sat down. You looked at your son who was peacefully sleeping and thought of how much he made your life brighter and happier along with Jimin's. You gently stroked his hair until you saw his eyes slowly opened. His lips curved up into a smile seeing you sitting next to him. His smile was the most precious thing in the world to you. Jaemin was your one and only child who you loved with all your heart and thought of him ever seeing Jimin hurting you was too much for you to handle. You hadn't realised you started to cry again until Jaemin sat up with a worried expression. "Mummy what's wrong? Why are you crying?"

You didn't answer him and looked at his innocent and beautiful face. You saw so much of Jimin in him. The way his eyes nearly disappeared when he smiled, his cute pink lips, his small little hands.

"Mummy are you ok? What's that on your face?" Jaemin asked as he pointed to a red mark across your cheek. "Mummy are you hurt? Why do have bruises on your face and arms?" He looked at if he was about to cry seeing you hurt like this. You hugged Jaemin tightly. "It's nothing Jaemin. Don't worry."

"Mummy are you hurt?"

You cupped Jaemin's face with your hands. "I'm fine Jaemin" You lied, trying to sound reassuring.

"But mum who hurt you? Why are you crying so much?" He said not believing you. You sighed as your tears streamed down your face even faster. "Jaemin please don't worry about me. I'm fine."

Jaemin hugged you tightly and watched as you cried with your arms wrapped around him. You didn't want him to see the abusive side of his father. You didn't want Jimin to hurt you in front of him. You wanted to shield Jaemin away from all that. "I just want to protect you" You whispered.