17: Let Go

Pain hurts

But goodbyes hurt more

Jimin POV

I don't know how long I stood outside the company building staring into nothing but when I realised what I was doing, I rushed into my car to get home. I kept thinking about what Jungkook said. He's not actually going to take Y/N away from me, is he? No he can't. Not my baby. I quickly drove home, trying to contain my tears. I can't live without Y/N. I just can't. She's everything to me. But all I've done is hurt her. I don't understand why. I just need her beside me.

Once I arrived home, I saw Jungkook's car parked right next to the house and pulled into the driveway. I ran out the door and into the house. But my heart stopped as soon as I did. I found suitcases near the door. And a lot of them. It looked as if Jaemin's things were being packed as well.

Without looking at them for a moment longer I bolted upstairs to Y/N. Once I reached our room, I violently pushed it open revealing Y/N with tears all over her face, standing next to Jungkook who was zipping up another suitcase. I felt my body go weak. I felt my heart break. She was actually packing her things. The room looked half empty. She was actually planning to leave me. "Y/N" I said weakly.

She turned her head in my direction and I could see her eyes were already red and puffy. I started walking towards her when Jungkook stood in front of me blocking my way. "Don't go near her" He warned. Before I could open my mouth to yell at him, Y/N came and held his arm. "Jungkook, it's ok. Could...Could I speak to him alone for a minute?"

Jungkook looked hesitant, he glared at me one last time before silently leaving the room taking the last suitcase with him. Once the door shut behind us I said "Y/N...Y/N your not actually leaving me?"

She looked down. "I'm sorry Jimin. But...I just...I can't keep living like this." She brought her gaze back up to me as tears ran down her face. "I tried...so hard...to make our relationship work. I really did" She cried. "But...it just didn't. And I can't keep living this way. And I don't want Jaemin living in an abusive household either. I'm sorry."

No. No this can't be happening. I messed up. I messed up really badly. This is all my fault. What have I done? I've haven't treated Y/N with the love she deserves. I really stuffed up.

I held both her hands and surprisingly she didn't push me away. She looked down at my hands which were holding hers. Y/N" I cried. "Y/N please...please don't leave me. Please stay. I know after everything I've done this doesn't mean anything but I'm sorry. I'll stop. I won't hurt you again. I'll treat you better. Just please...please don't me." By now tears were furiously running down my cheeks.

Your POV

"Jimin...how can I trust you anymore?" You said. "You've said sorry countless times now. I have to let you go..." You whispered. You've never been apart from Jimin since the day you moved in with him. You've always loved him since the day you met him. And love wasn't something that can be removed easily.

"I know it's going to be hard. I don't know how I'll live without you Jimin. You've always been there next to me. But I'll find a way. I know it will take a long time. I know I will be broken for a long time. I know I will desperately want to run back to you. But this time...I will resist the urge to."

You looked at your love, your husband, your everything with teary eyes. Seeing his all red made your heart ache. Seeing how desperate he looked for you not to leave made you want to say even more. But you couldn't, because you would end in pain again.

You leaned closer to him for one last kiss. You placed your hands on his chest and slowly your lips touched his. His touch was something that you would never forget. How your heart jumped at the feeling of his perfect, soft, plump lips on yours. The effect it gave you. It was something you wouldn't forget.

You felt Jimin lips move in sync with yours as his arms went around you. Your tears kept falling as you enjoyed what might be your kiss with him. You didn't want this moment to end. You wanted to pull away and find this was all a dream. That everything was ok....but it wasn't and that was why you had to leave.

Your parted your lips away from Jimin and looked at him. Jimin moved his hands to yours and held them tightly not wanting to let go.
You stared deeply into Jimin's red eyes. "Maybe we were never meant to be together. That's why we kept having so many problems between us. Maybe fate never wanted us to be together. Maybe we were trying to make something work that just wasn't meant to.

I'm ready to let go."