Chapter 39: Midnight Meetings

[Silverton Household - Evergreen Village]

[Talisa]

I've been contemplating this and going through scenarios in my head for a long time now but after what my son had just told me I knew for certain.

He could help us against the Demons.

It was the middle of the night. I had made my way up to his room and when I found him he was sleeping with the blanket only covering half his feet and the rest of it on the floor. He was snoring with drool running out of his mouth at worrisome levels.

Did he always sleep like this?

Now, as a mother, I did not care at all to the fact that she was his familiar. Suzu was still a girl! A girl, attempting to sleep in my son's room?! I'll kill her with my bare hands!

That's why I had her sleep in Mikasa's room.

"Hey, wake up." I shook him a little to get him to wake up but he just snorted and continued sleeping.

Really now?

Did he forget who I am?

"Get your butt..." I gently raise my dress so I could lift my foot better. "...off the Bed!" In a swift motion, Hakio was kicked of the bed.

It was so flawless that the sound he made was the perfect "Aggghhh!" as the tip of my foot hit his stomach and launched him off the bed.

He crashed majestically on the floor and groaned in pain. "What the -"

"Hm? You say something, son?" I say in the sweetest voice as the amount of bloodlust I release immediately wakes him up.

"Is it... Morning?" He asked while yawning and observed his surroundings. Should I be worried that my son sees this as a normal occurrence and brushed it off?

Nah, probably not.

After telling him to get dressed he listened and then followed me to outside the house. He was watching me dubiously but he didn't voice any questions as he followed suite. I must say he has gotten more mature now.

Normally he would be complaining and asking questions but his sense of judgement is better than most of the elders here in the village.

I just hope that he's ready for what I have in mind.

"Are you still very good at copying spells?"

"... Yeah..." He answered.

"Good." I said and then started chanting.

"Gods of dark and light, seen and unseen. Cloak me in your blessing. <Moonlight Sheath>." I say and my body becomes camouflaged. No one will be able to see me unless the have a <Cursed Vision> or be able to o use <Magic Sense>. I didn't know if I wanted to teach a boy who had reached that age the ability to disguise himself. But my son isn't a pervert... I hope.

Hakio blinked his eyes a few time after seeing my body suddenly disappear from his vision. He looked around a few times in the dark before I whispered.

"I'm still here..."

"Ah!" He got a fright and immediately got on guard. "I-I got such a fright right now!!"

"Keep quiet and hurry up." I said, rolling my eyes.

"O-Okay." He said hesitantly and then closed his eyes. After concentrating for a few moments he opened them again and whispered, "<Moonlight Sheath>"
As soon as he did, his body also disappeared.

"Let's go." I said, grabbing his hand. It was easy since I was able to use <Magic Sense>.

Now the show begins.