THE VOICE

At work everybody knew about the wedding except Lucy, people who were her friends saw that. "babe where are you going this weekend? it was Lwandile asking Lucy, "my mother asked me to help her with something i know she wants me to change curtains in her lounge. That is the only thing that she would ask me to do for her. Why are you asking." "because i am invited to the wedding so i thought maybe you would want to come with." "sorry babes i will pass as far as i love weddings but i must go to work and after that to my mother maybe will come back on sunday. but you will enjoy it without me." "Oh yes my love i will." Lucy noticed nerves while Lwandile was talking, "don't be nervous its not your wedding you are just invited." They both laughed.

strange Lwandile didn't call the whole day and when she called it went straight to voicemail. she thought he was enjoying himself with his friends and didn't want to be disturbed if he got the phone anyway. she felt tired and she went to rest in her parent's room as they were watching TV she liked to do that when she doesn't fill alright. she decided to switch on Facebook and somebody she doesn't know tagged her on a post titled, 'wedding things'. Out of curiosity she opened it and it was the wedding that took place in stellenbosch Wine Estate. Her thought these places cost a lot of money though i want mine and Lwandile to be in the place like this. she decided to look at the picture in case she saw someone she knew maybe that was the reason she was tagged

51

though nobody invited her to the wedding of someone she knew. she saw pictures of people she didn't know of the bride and she was beautiful she even said that, "people look beautiful on their wedding days like they never sin, i think i will be like this as well." she laughed at that thought. There were groom and his guys and first she thought her eyes were deceiving her but the groom was Lwandile. And she quickly went to comments and most of people were congratulating them. Lwandile and Fiona. she was dumb, she tried to wake up from the bed she tried harder and then at last she walked to the lounge. Her mother noticed that she was looking like someone who saw a ghost. she asked her, she just said Lwandile was getting married to Fiona i don't know and he looked happy. Her father jumped as she hit the floor, while they were still shocked by the news.

she didn't know what happened but she woked up from hospital and she was told she has been there for two days. After that her mind was back she wished she didn't come back to life as her mind played back the only child they had. she smiled at them, they promised her that she must not be worried she is fine maybe they were not meant to be together. Her father was angry at Lwandile who almost killed her princess.

she was discharged and she stayed with her parents for a while as she was not ready to go to the flat in Vredehoek. Her mother suggested she had to fetch her clothes but she rather asked her friend who was also stood by her all the time and messages from her colleagues who also heard of what happened made her stronger. she went back to work after her sick days were over and she was ready to face people. she was back on air doing her show and she felt so good as her listeners didn't know what happened

52

to her. After a year still she couldn't help but find out she will never get over Lwandile, who was her first love at University and they had plans as they fall in love in their first year. They had plans about life, children you name it. As they were both journalists sometimes they meet in the Press Conferences and she will sense that Lwandile was looking at her. Cape Town was getting smaller for both of them as she didn't know what was in his mind as well.

When there was an advertisement for a newsreader in one of the biggest radio station in Joburg she decided to apply fortunately she got the job. she was happy that she was going somewhere where there was nobody knew her and Lwandile and they won't bump from each other now and again. Though her parents didn't want her to leave Cape Town but she was ready to start fresh from other Province. Her father just say, "i am just happy that you are not going out of the country Joburg is 4 hours away." They just laughed at the airport. she tried to have relationships but she knew they were not going to work because her heart was still somewhere. now she told herself, "i am going to wait for love to find me."