⇸ two.

-

every passing day with the man seemed to be a struggle, yet today was just so much worse.

the first thing he is greeted to when wonwoo finally decides to wake up during the time soonyoung decided to make himself some lunch; a small chicken salad with some boiled eggs alongside, he gets criticized.

"why are you eating that? you already eat enough. plus, eggs give you bad breath anyway."

why the hell did it matter what he ate or not? soonyoung just simply swallowed, breathing to help him stay calm.

over the past few years of dating, soonyoung has developed severe anxiety from the way he gets treated. he, frequently, will have panic attacks in public because of his actions and wonwoo just lets him, not even bothering to help him in some form, causing the most awkward car ride home ever.

he made soonyoung feel so lost, it's like he doesn't even know who he is anymore.

eventually, however, soonyoung finally got himself a job that was first shift, his job finally starting tomorrow. it was a beautiful sunday afternoon, yet soonyoung could feel a storm cloud constantly above his head by the name of jeon wonwoo.

the day was dragging by so slowly, getting critiqued by him as he did normal things.

"why don't you get up and do something instead of watching tv all day?"

his voice rang into soonyoung's ears, like fingernails on a chalkboard. yet, he was sitting right next to him watching the show with him. soonyoung frowned, turning over to face him.

"but you're sitting here too, why don't you go do something also then?" he asks, his stomach dropping when he sees wonwoo's expression drop.

"don't ever talk back to me, you little bitch."

with that, he stands up and goes over to where soonyoung is, his right hand meeting up to soonyoung's left cheek. the burning sensation along the loud smack made soonyoung's eyes water, but he stood up for himself.

"you know, i actually am going to do something with my life!" soonyoung yelled in his face, "unlike you, who sits around in this shitty apartment all day and does nothing but fucking harass me! why don't you go get a job and do something with your life?"

the room began uncomfortably silent, but before wonwoo could speak, soonyoung turned around and ran out of the apartment, all the way down back to behind the complex building. he sat along the forest that was nearby and cried, cried so hard even the people in the complex could probably hear.

he was so confused. how did this relationship; from sweet, lovey-dovey, intimate and romantic, go to dark, abusive, and harmful? what was the sudden change that made wonwoo so aggressive towards him and his choices?

soonyoung simply couldn't take it anymore. he was done. he was finished. enough had been taken out of him. he just needed to get out and do something about it, but he just didn't know how.

he lost all of his friends because he didn't listen, thinking that he didn't need to leave wonwoo and he would be just fine. but now, he deeply regrets not doing anything and not listening to them. he was so stupid for being so careless, and now he was stuck in a terrible situation.

he stood up and walked into the town. if he could do anything for now, it was to clear his mind of any stress. he went into the local coffee shop, one he used to visit every day when they started dating, but now he goes there to cope. everything about the shop was perfect. from the decor to the polite employees, he loved the warm atmosphere and especially the delicious coffee.