⇸ six.

-

seokmin and soonyoung worked together on editing their duet until the clock stroke 9:00, and seokmin looked up to see mingyu cleaning up the surfaces on the counter.

"i'll be right back," seokmin smiled and stood up to go see mingyu. when he got to the counter, mingyu stopped and gave him his full attention.

"what's up? i'm almost done, i just have to finish cleaning up," he said before seokmin could even say anything.

"well, alright. i was wondering if you wanted to come and sit with us when you're done and talk to soonyoung? did you see his reaction earlier? it was so precious." he smiled, recalling the reaction on soonyoung's face.

"oh yeah, i even smiled at him when he looked up at me afterwards and watched him turn into a literal tomato. i loved it." mingyu smiled as well, looking back at soonyoung, but he was already beat. soonyoung was staring at them, smiling softly.

"i'll be there when i finish, you can go back now," mingyu said and seokmin simply nodded and walked away.

everything seemed to be working out perfectly, which made seokmin even more excited to see how this would turn out.

"okay, i'm back." seokmin sat down and opened up his second cake pop, taking a bite to savour it.

"is he almost done?" soonyoung asked, looking over at mingyu. "i wanna talk to him already."

"yes, he is." seokmin smiled. "look at you, all excited and stuff." he playfully nudged the blonde, making him blush.

"shut up!" soonyoung pouted. "let me live."

"okay, okay." seokmin laughed at his cuteness, and turned his attention to his computer. "so, are we almost done with it?"

"yeah," soonyoung mentally sighed with relief at the subject change and smiled, "we're almost done editing what we have now, but then we have to add the backing vocals and all the harmonization. the stuff when listening with headphones, like adding the layers and stuff." soonyoung explained and shut his computer. "but now, i'm too tired to even look at that program more."

"same," seokmin sighed, sitting back in his seat. it was pretty quiet in the cafe now, they were the only two customers left. it was them, mingyu, and the manager that was helping him clean up.

the two talked about other things while they waited, switching from subjects and laughing as they waited. soonyoung could feel his stomach twisting as he got more nervous. he didn't want to make a bad first impression.

mingyu, on the other side, was also very nervous but felt confident to know what he does. he's the only single one in his friend group and can't wait to shove it in their faces when he meets a guy he likes. but he was so nervous and didn't want to make a bad first impression either, just like soonyoung.

finally, after around ten minutes, everything was cleaned up and they were ready to close. but the manager gave him the closing key, saying they could stay in and talk since it was starting to get a bit cold outside. mingyu thanked him and watched him leave. then, he took off his apron and grabbed his jacket before heading out and went to go sit with seokmin and soonyoung.

his heart began to beat super fast, it felt like it was going to fall out of his chest if he didn't stop walking right at that moment. the nerves were finally beginning to hit him, but he decided to keep going.

"hello~" mingyu smiled, emphasizing his deeper voice and caught both of the boys' attention. they both smiled in sync.

"hey!" seokmin smiled and turned to soonyoung, who was wide-eyed. like he had just seen something he shouldn't have.