⇸ seventeen.

-

flour was absolutely everywhere. all in their hair, clothes, the floor, and all over the kitchen counters.

it started as a nice beginning, mixing the ingredients together and singing along to the music mingyu put on. but when soonyoung lightly sprayed flour at mingyu, all hell broke loose. they ended up chasing each other around and throwing flour at the other, causing a big mess in the kitchen and on themselves from the war.

"look at us, we're a mess now! and it's your fault!" mingyu laughed and hugged soonyoung, getting the flour onto him instead.

"hey, don't do that!" soonyoung pushed him away and laughed.

they began to make the pancakes and when they were finished, sat and ate them together. it was peaceful and the pancakes were delicious. soonyoung sighed in relief, happy to be sitting here that day. being with a great person with great food and having a great time was all he ever asked for, and he finally got it.

they finished their dinner and began to clean up. soonyoung smiled as he watched mingyu put away the cleaning materials.

"i guess i should get going, i have work to do." soonyoung said and walked over to mingyu, hugging him. "thank you again for everything today."

"of course, let's do it again. that was fun." he smiled and hugged him back. soonyoung got his things and put on his shoes, going back to mingyu.

soonyoung lifted up to the tip of his toes and kissed mingyu. it was a feeling he couldn't get enough of, the taste of mingyu's lips felt addicting. being happy around him was a beautiful feeling he couldn't and didn't get enough of.

"see ya later, handsome." soonyoung smiled and threw finger hearts, mingyu returning them. he left and closed the door, smiling widely. he wanted to squeal like a fangirl would, but had to wait until he at least got out of the building.

and that's what he did. as soon as he got out the complex, he squealed and began to run around. he was so happy to be happy.

he skipped all the way back to his home, walking in and smiling wider than he was before.

"well look at that," jeonghan smiled, "why are you so happy?"

"i like mingyu." he blurted out, his eyes widening when he realized what he said.

"oh, i know." he laughed at soonyoung's face, patting his back. "well don't worry, you guys will get together for sure.

he remembered the whole party but decided not to tell soonyoung yet. instead, he texted mingyu.

to mingyu; hey, are you still throwing that party of yours?

from mingyu; yeah, why? i still have to send out invitations, but i'm still making a list.

to mingyu; okay, just wondering. i'll wait to tell soonyoung.

from mingyu; don't tell him yet, i want to. it won't be until saturday.

to mingyu; okay, got it. keep me updated.

jeonghan plugged in his phone and came back out to the living room. the three decided to eat some ice cream and binge-watch a new anime together until they all fell asleep.

operation get soonyoung and mingyu together was starting to shine.

-

the next few days went by pretty quickly. soonyoung and mingyu began to text almost all the time, except for when they were working. they would call and talk to each other about anything, from music to even their favourite colours.