She scrubbed everything from her.

Rae,2013.

Since that night, Rae had refused to let anybody to come into her room. She had decided that becoming a cocoon of fluffy warmth was what she needed for a few days. The day after, she had heard a muffled conversation from the other side of the door consisting of two voices. One male and one female. The female was probably a nurse, as she continuously grumbled at the male for not being in his own room at such a time of the morning. Frowning, Rae looked at the clock on her bedside table. 530Am. Breakfast was served at seven... Hearing an exasperated grumble from outside her door, followed by a soft thud against the wall between her and Jayden’s doors. She merely shrugged this off however, and stripped out of her clothes, padding her way over to the shower/bath combo in her en-suite. Both she and Jayden had paid top dollar for this. So they were getting the best out of it whilst they were there.

Rae stood in the shower, the hot water cascading down her body as she scrubbed. She scrubbed everything from her. The feeling of being ashamed, the weakness she felt on the desk, the feel of that dirty old man attempting to force himself into her. She scrubbed so hard that when she stepped from the shower, her skin was red and sore.

She slowly dried herself off, allowing her long red locks to simply fall over one shoulder in their natural curls. Once completely dry, deodorised and 100% sure that she couldn’t feel any miniscule part of him against her, she changed into some pyjamas. The comfiest and best pyjamas anybody could ever ask for in her eyes. They were a dark blue coloured fluffy material, with yellow platypus’ dotted all over. Platypus’ had to be her favourite animal. They seemed to her like an animal that God (if he existed) just kind of threw together with a load of spare parts from other animals. For some reason, Rae liked this idea. They were like living proof that even though you’re not exactly perfect, or what most people like, you could still be pretty bad ass and adorable at the same time.

Silently, she pondered Ashton’s viewpoint on platypus’. Perhaps he was one of the few people that agreed with her...? No, why on earth was she even thinking about him? She frowned softly, curling herself up under her covers again. But instead of sleeping, all she could do was think of him.

The stupidly tall, well toned, muscular boy that had amazing hair and beautiful, yet cold, eyes. When she thought of him protecting her the night before, she remembered how it felt. His fingers gentle yet calloused at the same time. As though he was some form of musician. His touch hesitant, like he thought he might break her.

A musician... That would explain his incessant tapping on things as he was sat. No matter where he was at meal times, a soft beat was sure to be coming from the same direction.  He was a drummer. Of course! Not knowing why, this caused the young redhead to smile softly. She herself was a musician of sorts. She sang and played guitar. But in her eyes she really wasn’t very good at it at all.

Now almost two weeks after the ‘incident’ as she had decided to call it, she felt a soft beat vibrate the floorboards ever so slightly and paused. That was Ashton. How did he know where her room was? She had only ever seen him near it that one time when she walked into him. Then again, she wasn’t sure how he had found out that it was her room. Shrugging, though a little weirded out by his knowledge, she picked up her guitar for the first time in months. Whilst back at home, she had no desire to play it for a while so it had just kind of stood there in the corner of her room, collecting dust.