01.┊𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙸𝙽𝚃𝙴𝚁𝙽 ༉‧₊˚✧

┌─── ・ 。゚☆: *

┌─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┐

𝚌𝚛𝚒𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚊𝚕𝚜 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚠𝚎𝚎𝚍, 𝚊𝚕𝚏𝚛𝚎𝚍.
𝚙𝚞𝚕𝚕 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚞𝚙, 𝚊𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚐𝚛𝚘𝚠𝚜 𝚒𝚗 𝚒𝚝𝚜 𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚎.

└─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┘

"HEY, DORK! Did you drink any coffee at all this morning? You look like shit."

"Thank you, (Y/N). That makes me feel so much better," Dean sarcastically says. Punching your shoulder at your comment.

You were best friends with Dean Holmes. Who was a detective working at the city's police department. Rumors said that he was the best of the bunch, no one could solve a case faster than he did.

They were merely rumors, though. Probably started by Dean himself.

"I'm just stating facts. Coffee is like your drug. Every time you get a cup, you inhale that shit," you tease. Laughing when Dean grumbles, rolling his eyes.

Huffing, "Oh, shut up. Don't you need to look over the Umbrella Academy files? Especially, about the police report on the most recent murder." Dean asks.

The Umbrella Academy was a case that stumped the whole department. They were still around since the 1960s. No one could figure out their identities. Whether that be the group was too good at what they do or the police were bad at their jobs.

Dean was the one who recently found out, that they were called the Umbrella Academy. Studying footage and files dating past the 1900s. He figured the organization left clues to find. Such clues being umbrellas scrawled down on pieces of paper. Or, camera shots capturing the inside of their wrists.

The pieces of paper was scanned for any finger prints, but none were found. The penmanship was different each time. It was no use tracking the writing.

Numbers along with drawn umbrellas. 1,2,3,4,5, and 7. No trace of a sixth member. Most likely died of an unknown cause.

After finding out about that, the resulting clues ended up being dead ends. Nothing, but a wild goose chase.

"Yeah, yeah. Always got to pin the most work on the forensic scientist. Don't you, Dean?" You joke.

You were working with Dean on the case. Helping him as a forensic scientist. All the evidence found at crime scenes done by the Umbrella Academy was researched and recorded by you.

Dean knew most of the facts, you were there to trace evidence.

"I've got Chief Scott on my ass about this case. If anything I'm the one with the most work," Dean groans.