04.┊𝙱𝚄𝚃𝚃𝙴𝚁𝙵𝙻𝚈 𝙴𝙵𝙵𝙴𝙲𝚃 ༉‧₊˚✧

┌─── ・ 。゚☆: *

┌─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┐

𝚕𝚎𝚝'𝚜 𝚋𝚎 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚗𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚒𝚗 𝚌𝚛𝚒𝚖𝚎
𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚋𝚞𝚛𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚝𝚘𝚐𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛.

└─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┘

A BLURRY picture of Dean sneezing was visible on your phone screen. Along with the contact name of "main bitch <3."

Giving Five a shy smile, you ask, "Mind if I take this?"

He shrugs. A signal to go ahead and take the call.

Walking a few feet away from Five, you press the accept call button. Bringing the device up to your ear, as it's not on speaker phone. "You done with your report already?"

There's muffled shifting on Dean's line. Then, his voice rings out. "Yup." A moment of pause, before he speaks up again. "Checked your lab to see if you were there. Why's it absolutely trashed?"

You let out a dry laugh. "Hey! You're one to talk! The papers you used to hand in had coffee rings on them and don't get me started on your desk."

Dean chuckles. "Yeah, yeah, I get it. We're both huge messes, but your lab's overrun by files. Why is that? You slip again or something?"

"That was one time! But, I did have a little mix in with Five. He tried to find the Sanchez file for Officer Reed, but with all the files he needs to bring to other officers and what needs to be put in the storage room he mixed up a couple with one another. I don't blame him though. Easy mistake for someone to make."

The response from Dean is a hum of acknowledgement. "I cleaned that mess up for you. In exchange for you getting me those coffee and donuts from this morning."

"Thanks Dean. You're the best."

"I could stand for you saying that more often, you know?"

A small snicker makes it's way out of your mouth. "Shut up, doofus. I'm heading back over to the police station. Just give me a few minutes."

"Alright. See you soon, loser."

You smile, ending the call and making it back to where you left Five.

He's leaning against the wall of the coffee shop. A tray of drinks in one hand and his phone in the other. You can see Five's texting someone, when you grab his attention. At the sight of you waving at him, he places his phone into his pocket.

Five grabs a cup of coffee from the brown cardboard tray, lifting it up towards you. The contents swish in the plastic cup. "Here."

Raising a brow, you accept the drink. "What's this?"

"I got it for you. The line wasn't too long and I needed to make up for misplacing that important file. "Five's sluggish stance tells you that he couldn't care less about getting the drink for you. "It's this one sugary drink that I never buy, but I though it was perfect for you."

The smile on your face widens. "You didn't have to, but thank you."

He shrugs. "It's not a big deal. Go ahead and try it, see if you like it or not. We can head back to the station now anyways."

Taking a sip, the taste runs into your mouth. It's like the equivalent of Agnus' donuts in liquid form. Five was right about the sweetness. The drink was your exact style of flavor. A sickly sweet taste, but not too much that you needed water after every sip.

"How is it?" Five asks.

You grin. "It's good. Might go back there sometime. Though it'd feel like I'm cheating on Griddy's."

At your side, Five snickers. "Griddy's knows what it did. Serving coffee that's that bad should be counted as illegal."

Softly jabbing him with your elbow, which brings a quiet laugh out of him. "Don't do my girl, Agnes like that."

The two of you fall into an almost playful sort of banter.

It comes to a stop, when you acknowledge a certain sound you hear.

Such as the effect of a butterfly flapping it's wings or the fall of dominoes. A small action leads to a reaction and change in the next series of events.

There's a ding coming from Five's phone. A close to inaudible buzz, that only comes from a phone placed on vibrate.

Looking towards him, he doesn't seem to pay any attention to it. So, you speak frankly about it. Maybe he just didn't notice? Raising a brow, you stop sipping on your drink to question, "Are you going to answer that?"

"Huh?"

"Your phone's buzzing, Five."

Retrieving his phone from his pant pocket, Five checks the notification. You intently watch as his soft features drop, turning into a present scowl.

With the quick sudden change, it's hard to ignore. So, your first instinct is to be curious and comfort him. "Hey, what's wrong?"

He shakes his head. Putting his phone back into his pant pocket. "Nothing, just a spam notification."

There's no reply on your end. The silence finding it's way between you and Five.

You don't call him out on it. You didn't know Five that well enough to talk about things that personal to him. Hell, you had know idea how he'd react if you did.

As you walk, Five's sentence rings in your ears. Like a broken record stuck on repeat. For some reason you couldn't shake off the details of what got him so angry.

"Nothing. Just a spam notification." "Just a spam notification." "Nothing. Just a notification." "Nothing."

But, you can tell it's not that, because Five's phone doesn't stop buzzing until the two of you make it to the police station.

━━━━━━━━━━━━