05.┊𝙳𝙸𝚂𝙲𝙾 𝚂𝚃𝙸𝙲𝙺 ༉‧₊˚✧

┌─── ・ 。゚☆: *

┌─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┐

𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚛𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚒𝚗𝚗𝚘𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚝
𝚒𝚜 𝚊 𝚕𝚒𝚊𝚛'𝚜 𝚖𝚘𝚜𝚝 𝚞𝚜𝚎𝚏𝚞𝚕 𝚝𝚘𝚘𝚕.

└─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┘

ONCE YOU reach the station Dean's waiting by the entrance. He's dressed in his classic long trench coat, gun holster covered on his hip. He waves you over with a grin, keys to his car wrapped around his index finger. "Finally, you're here. Took you long enough."

Rolling your eyes at the statement, you open your mouth to retort, but Five cuts you off.

"I'll catch you later, (Y/N)."

Turning around just in time to see Five begin to open the door for himself, you toss a smile his way. "Yeah, same here, Five."

Before you can think too much on Five's quick leave and recent behavior, Dean grabs your attention away with a snap of his fingers. Looking back at the man, you watch him raise a brow pointing curiously at your drink. Head tilted to the side, like a confused puppy.

You raise an eyebrow of your own. "What's up?"

"Where'd you get your drink? I don't think Griddy's has any new beverages." Dean pauses in thought. "Come to think of it, I'm not sure when's the last time Agnes actually created new drink flavors."

"Oh." Shrugging, you swirl the cup around. "Five brought me to this coffee shop he regularly goes to. But, he didn't have any time to show me, since I got busy with your call. He got me a drink, because he said it was a sorry for the file mishap."

Dean's acknowledgement is a hum. Not saying much on the topic you presented to him. "Alright. Let's grab the car and hit the road. You wrote that the drive would be about 25 minutes, right?"

Nodding, you reply, "Yup."

As the two of you got to the car and pulled away from the police station, the tension that radiated from Dean was easily caught on by you. With the few years of being friends with him, you knew he had a habit of biting his tongue. It was from being shut down by his superiors.

Time and time again, you've told him to always speak his mind around you. There'd be no harsh negative response, only the kind, caring words of a friend.

Still, you knew no matter how many times you've told him, that it wouldn't stick in his mind.

"Dean?" You ask. Breaking the silence that settled inside the car.