Chapter 11

When I woke up in the morning, I had a major headache. I opened my eyes slowly and I was glad it was dark as hell although one window was a bit uncovered, so a little bit of light came in and that little bit of light made my head and eyes hurt even more. I heard birds singing. It made my head hurt even more. Usually I would’ve enjoyed the birds singing, but not today.

I tried to remember what had happened last night. I remembered guys and Em kidnapping me. Then I remember that we had played Never Have I Ever.

I slowly got up. Accidently I hit my hand to something and that something made a noise and I jumped up yelling for a second. My head was killing me right then. Ugh. That something woke up. It was Austin.

‘’Oh my gosh. Are we still here?’’ I asked him.

‘’Yep. You passed out last night after you made us all laugh so bad,’’ he chuckled at the memory. He was so adorable. Damn, I think I’m still drunk, I thought although I was pretty sure I was not. Just a hangover. ‘’It was so funny how you ran around here like crazy and screamed. I had just said to them that you were a really good singer. And then you passed out and I couldn’t leave you here. The others left.’’

Then I remembered something. ‘’Oh, shit! It’s Friday! Oh my God! Why the hell didn’t you wake me up? What time is it?’’ I started to panic. ‘’Shit! Shit! I can’t skip school two days in a row!’’ Austin started laughing. ‘’Stop laughing!’’ I said angrily. ‘’Tell. Me. What. Time. Is. It!’’ I could see he was scared of me. Haha.

He took his phone from his pocket. ‘’Um, it’s one o’clock.’’

‘’Shit,’’ I said one more time. I laid down, hitting my head to the floor. ‘’Shit.’’

‘’You know, it’s not attractive if a pretty girl like you uses words like that.’’

‘’Fuck you,’’ I said. I couldn’t do anything about it. Usually I wasn’t like that but right then I couldn’t help it. I was so mad at him. He made me skip school two days! In a row! I know I used to do that a lot, but it was decades ago. Okay, three years actually. But that’s not the point. I had changed. At least I thought so… I sighed and closed my eyes. Turned on my side. Opened my eyes. Thanks to the light that was coming in from the uncovered window I could see Austin staring at me and smirking. ‘’What?’’ I asked, afraid of the answer.

‘’Nothing,’’ he said, his smirk growing. I turned around so I couldn’t see his hot and perfect smirking face. I closed my eyes and tried to block Austin’s chuckling. It sounded so sweet and cute. Damn. It was almost like I didn’t want it to stop, if it would’ve been a different time. But not lucky him, I was in a bad mood and my head hurt like hell.

To make him stay quiet, I rolled so I would be on top of him. I took his hands and nailed them on the floor with my hands. I was so close to him. Well, of course, I was on top of him. But still.

‘’Ouch,’’ he said. He was immediately quiet.

‘’Shut. Up. Or. You’ll. Regret. It. Understood?’’ I said. He nodded. I could see the fear in his eyes and it made me laugh but I tried to control it. I managed.