Chapter 5

I  was so tired but I couldn’t go to sleep. I had to study, so I had a cup of of coffee and decided to go for a run. I put on my running clothes and shoes, put on my earphones and looked for a food playlist in Spotify for running. Usually I didn’t go running but sometime when I felt like it, I did.

I didn’t start running until I got to the park. I loved running in parks and forests. In the park I decided to make a personal record so I ran pretty fast. I wasn’t the best runner but I did okay.

I felt the cold wind on my skin and my cheeks go red from the cold. It was getting a little harder to breath but it was from coldness and I didn’t stop.

I passed by the people sitting on benches, walking, making photos of the beautiful trees and a pond, playing chess, etc. The kids were running like crazy. Me too.

I didn’t watch the road but to my left, so I ran into somebody and I definitely knew that somebody.

‘’Sasha,’’ I said. Yep, that’s right. I had run into Sasha Wilson. It totally sucked.. I didn’t even have even my makeup on.

‘’Oh, hi, Ashley! What a nice surprise!’’ She faked a smile. ‘’You look great!’’

‘’Cut the crap. Sorry I ran into you but it’s not entirely my fault. Because of you I won’t know my time. The next time you watch where you’re walking. Got it?’’

‘’Whoa, calm down there, crazy-pants. But okay, if you don’t want to do it in a nice way… Leave Austin alone. You have no chance with him anyway, but still, stay the hell away from him, or else…’’

‘’Whoa, calm down there, crazy-pant. Looks like someone’s jealous,’’ I laughed at her face. Her face was a bit red. ‘’I’m staying away from him. He’s not staying away from me. So, when you see him, tell him to stay away from me,’’ I said in a calm tone and left her standing there, her face red.

I finished my lap and headed home.

When I finally got home and had had a shower, I was feeling so much better. I felt awake and energized. I had another cup of coffee and started studying. I started with math.

I didn’t understand a thing, which was so unlike me. All the numbers looked like Greek or Chinese. I tried to read them but nothing. I put on some music (Gary Jules, of course) and tried one more time. Still, I understood nothing.

I took out Hamlet which I had to read in English and that I understood, a little. I could read it but it was still hard. It took a bigger effort than usual.

‘’Honey! I’m home!’’ I heard a voice yelling. It woke me up. ‘’And I found Sandra in front of the house!’’

Oh, right, I had totally forgotten about it. We were supposed to go out tonight. I got up and ran to the front door.

‘’Hey! Sorry, I totally forgot we had to go out.’’