Chapter 7

‘’Lets play a game,’’ said Austin. ‘’You ask a question about you and I try to guess it. For example you ask what’s your favorite color. I guess and say yellow or something. And then it’s your turn to guess. Okay?’’

I guess you could say we were friends. We were hanging out pretty often, usually in here. At school we were talking. People knew and Sasha knew Sasha and her bitches weren’t really happy about it but there was nothing they could do, although it doesn’t mean they hadn’t tried.

We sat in our graffiti house. It was raining. It was really cold, even in there. I had a coat on, so it wasn’t too bad but still. We were bored and we didn’t do graffiti. We were sitting on the floor and tried to come up with something to do. We couldn’t even go home because it was raining so hard.

‘’Fine. Um, what’s my favorite color?’’

‘’I’m guessing it’s black.’’ I nodded. ‘’Um, what’s my dog’s name?’’

‘’You have a dog?’’ I was impressed.

‘’Yeah.’’

‘’Okay. Um, Tom?’’

‘’Nope. Sophie.’’

‘’Okay, what’s my favorite food? Like Chinese, Italian, Japanese, or whatever.’’

‘’Um, Italian?’’

‘’Japanese and Italian actually. But I guess you can count it as a correct answer.’’

‘’Okay. What do you think of me?’’

‘’Are we aloud to ask this kind of questions?’’ He nodded. I really didn’t know what to say. The truth, what I had thought of him a couple week before, or right now… ‘’You want the truth?’’ He nodded. ‘’Well… You love yourself too much. You think you’re the best in everything and you think that everyone like you, although they do not. You are used to get everything you want. Your mom’s death changed you in so many ways that I don’t even know. You try not to think about it. You don’t like to talk about it. You haven’t told anyone about it. Maybe your best friends only, and me. You think that if people would know, they would see you differently. As a boy who witnessed his mom’s murder. Whose dad is a killer. Who’s damaged. You’re right about that. It’s hard for you to stay in one relationship for longer than a month. It’s because of your mom. You never were in a close relationship with her, and then she died. You regret it. You wish you were in a closer relationship but you can’t change the past. The past is the past and it stays the way it is. The knowing that she didn’t know how much you loved her hurts. But you know what, she probably did. Maybe you didn’t tell or show her that, but she did know. And while we’re talking about it, you should go see your father. You probably still haven’t forgotten him nor go to see him, but you should.’’ Sandra has taught me to read people.

I could see he was hurt. And it kind of hurt me. I had hurt him with my words. I had said too much. He had only asked what I thought of him not a psycho analysis. ‘’But, you have a good heart…’’ He stared at me.

‘’Do you really think I should forgive and visit him?’’ he asked finally.