Chapter 18

He watched as the crimson liquid bloomed through his shirt, he was hurt, and far too tired to even evade yet another assault. He had barely been able to escape his current predicament, running away like a wounded wild beast while his arm dispersed droplets of blood onto his pathway. Men yelled from afar, anger coloured their voices as they shouted orders demanding for the thief to be found. Frankenstein chuckled, his mind wandered in and out of consciousness, fed by a willpower far stronger than any he could have mustered for himself. The weapon demanded victims, and the more he held onto it the more he realised how his very own being was menaced by this spear.

He waited for an opening, darting from one corner to the other until he was able to slip out of their vision. He barged into his own dungeon, calling forth the last ounces of force he had to lock the weapon away-

"I curse you!"

The scientist turned around, his eyes widened as he sought to find who had spoken- the same voice exhaled a laugh, it clawed onto Frankenstein's brain as it resonated in his mind-

"I shall have your soul"

"Pfft, try me" Frankenstein wiped away the blood that streamed down his lip, he coughed up before locking the weapon away- his senses grew numb as soon as he had allowed the spear to exit his touch. Silenced reigned and his body flopped onto the floor.

*A few days later*

"M!!!....."

Frankenstein whimpered as he tried to open his eyes, his eyelids refused to obey him- his entire body ached as though he had been thrown into a meat grinder.

"Master!!" The buzzing voice he heard from afar became distinctively clearer, he recognised who spoke and muttered a curse under his breath as his body was brutally shaken awake.

"Tesa...mu" he muttered barely audibly.

"MASTER!! " beamed the child, his grip tightening.

"A...re you trying to finish me off?" Said Frankenstein as he tried to muster the strength required to stand up.

"Aaah! I'm sorry master ! I'll help you up, what did you say? Huh? I'm what?" The boy helped the man up, bringing his ear close to his mouth.

"You're too loud" said Frankenstein, clearly annoyed.

Frankenstein had tended to his own wounds, having asked the boy to turn around. He had no idea of how long he had been unconscious for- yet all he could remember was the vicious voices that assaulted his mind during his rest- the hues of purple that shone through the glass where the spear had been hidden. This thing... he knew exactly what it was, as he had been thr one working on its creation, soon abandoning the project as he had realised how a weapon of this grandeur should he obtained. Famines and war had struck the fertiles lands, as though the Four Horsemen had been unleashed. The lives lost were immeasurable and the despair that reigned in every cornered city spelled loss...

"Master...?" Said Tesamu as he layed down a platter next to the bed, bringing Frankenstein back to his senses.

"What is that?" Asked the boy, turning back to the glass that was clearly on the verge of shattered as it withheld hues of dark purple.
Frankenstein sighed, wincing as he stood up to stand on front of the glass.

"That" he said "is my crazy lover"

-----------------
Hello everyone!! I shall wrap this up pretty soon! Thank you so much for all your support, I wouldn't have gotten this far without you!