Panic

It wasn't easy for Peter Parker anymore.

Sure, there were millions of people who would disagree, who would say that the life of a superhero, even with its risks, is one worth having.

But Peter Parker would scoff at that.

Ever since Mysterio revealed his identity to the world, his whole life had done a one-eighty. Everyone knew who he was. He couldn't even go to the grocery store without being surrounded by hundreds of people.

But he didn't blame them. Now that Tony was gone, the world craved for another young hero to whom they could look up to. And with the Avengers being out of commission, Peter was forcibly thrust into the role.

But that wasn't the worst part.

The worst part was that Peter was constantly putting his loved ones in danger by simply being near them. His friends and family had already gotten kidnapped thrice by now, and Peter didn't know whether he could save them constantly. He was afraid that a time might come when he wouldn't be enough to rescue them.

This was the reason why Peter didn't reveal his identity when he first got his powers, but now that this had happened, he had to figure out a way to live with it. He had to figure out a way to keep May, Ned and MJ safe, and this required his constant attention.

So the life of a superhero wasn't easy after all.

______________________________________

Peter sat in AP Physics, his last class before school ended. Every second of this week had gotten on his nerves, with all the whispers, stares, pointing, pictures and awe driving him mad.

He still was the same person as before, but to them, he was now a god. Everyone wanted to talk to him or be seen with him. Peter had lost count of the amount of times girls had come up to him, greeted him, and ran away giggling when he replied with a tired 'hello'.

He still was the exact same Peter!

Right?

He found it hard to handle all this change at once. He wished he had Tony to help him adjust. He would have understood. Tony knew what it was like to face this world.

He knew that the first thing that Tony would have said is to not let them know that they got to you, to not show them that you're cracking under the pressure. You learn to walk around with a mask plastered to your face.

So when Flash started jeering at him, Peter tried to keep quite. He tried to ignore the times Flash would loudly complain about how some superheroes were overrated, and didn't really do anything, and said that all this stuff about emotional trauma was false.

So he tried to block it out it.

That's what he had done for the whole week.

The teacher hadn't come to class yet, and Peter could slowly feel his eyes drooping. He had stayed awake for the majority of the week, sacrificing sleep for stopping crime.

So Peter couldn't control it when he started feeling extremely sluggish. He rested his head against the desk as he slowly closed his eyes and fell into a shallow slumber.

But he shouldn't have.

______________________________________

Everything was dark.

Peter wandered around the blank space as he tried to figure out where he was. Soon, he saw a little white light shining far away. He ran towards it, hoping to find a way to leave this place. But as he kept coming closer and closer to the light he noticed that something was off. When he finally reached it, it changed.