「四」

第四章

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

TANJIRO WOKE UP AND SAW HIS HAND WAS ALREADY GRASPING A CLOTH THAT WAS WRAPPED AROUND NEZUKO. She was sleeping soundly and peacefully, with a muzzle attached to her mouth.

"Are you awake?"

He immediately sat up and saw Giyu. He initiatively wrapped her in his arms as a form of protection.

Giyu was leaning on a tree bark.

"Go to the foot of Mt. Sagiri and find Sakonji Urokodaki," he said calmly, "Tell him that Tomioka Giyu sent you. Your little sister seem to be alright since it's winter. Don't let her get exposed to direct sunlight. And that Saito girl, she had a head injury, but she'll manage."

After saying all those, Giyu disappeared in a twinkle of an eye.

Tanjiro looked over his shoulder and saw an unconscious [Name]. He scooted his way to her and shook her lightly.

"[Name]," he said to her softly as her eyes slowly flutter open, "Come on, we have to go."

»»————- ✼ ————-««

They're now back at the house. [Name] helped carry the Kamado's corpses out as Tanjiro burried them. Nezuko only stood in fron of their grave, staring at it as Tanjiro and [Name] knelt down and paid their respects. [Name] could sense a tint of sadness from Nezuko. [Name] stood up and placed a hand on Nezuko's shoulder and gave her a sympathetic smile and hugged her.

Of course, after being morphed to a demon, it will take some time for Nezuko to get accustomed to these type of things again. It took a few seconds before Nezuko returned the hug.

Tanjiro then stood up and said, "Let's go."

»»————- ✼ ————-««

"Nezuko?" [Name] said, a single sweat dropping from her forehead.

Nezuko was literally digging the cave grounds with her bare hands. Quickly.

"Hm! Hm! Hm!" Nezuko muzzle through her bamboo muzzle.

'This demon man...' [Name] thought, still looking at Nezuko, 'What did he really turn her into? A mole?'

[Name] then looked out of the cave and peeked, looking around to see if Tanjiro had already went back. Tanjiro asked [Name] to look out for Nezuko while he goes on and look for a basket to carry Nezuko with.

There was no signs of Tanjiro. She hummed quietly and went back into the cave. She hugged her knees close and had a stare-off with the musty cave walls.

Sounds of Nezuko's petite yet strong hands scraping against the cave floor and her little mumbles were the only thing that [Name] could hear. Other than that, the cave was a quiet place. It made [Name]'s eyelids grew heavy as she struggled to keep her head up and stay awake.

[Name] glance at Nezuko again, only to see that she's already inside the hole that she had dug, only half of her head peaking out. Nezuko blinked a few times before waving innocently at [Name] and completely submerged herself into the hole.

[Name] crawled to Nezuko's hole and peeked inside.

"Ano..." [Name] said to Nezuko, "I'm really sleepy. Is it okay if I take a nap just for a while, can you manage?"