「十四」

第十四章

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"I'LL KILL YOU..."

[Name]'s voice was cold and monotonous. Her movements were fast and unreadable, giving the demon a really hard time to pinpoint her exact location. The demon blocked her with one of his arms, but [Name] sliced it off clean.

Despite knowing how dangerous his opponent might be, he still teased her, "No matter how many time you cut off my hand, I can always grow a new one!"

He grew a new hand and tried to attack [Name] sneakily, but it was then cut off by someone. The demon clicked his tongue in annoyance and tried to see who was it. This caused the demon to lose his attention on [Name]. When he realized something was close to him, he instinctively punched whatever it was away.

[Name] growled and screamed in pain as she hit her back and head on a tree, her mask breaking to pieces. The person who cut the hand earlier rushed to where the [hair color] haired girl was.

"[Name]! Are you alright?" the person asked worriedly.

[Name] groaned as she sat herself against the tree, her vision fuzzy and blurry.

"Dammit..." [Name] muttered under her breath as she felt her head throbbing, "Not again..."

"Calm down, [Name]..."

[Name]'s eyes widened. 'This voice...'

She tried to focus her eyesight. And there he was, the very boy who helped her get to the Final Selection in the first place.

"Sabito..." it came out as a faint whisper.

"Don't be too reckless," Sabito smiled, although it was impossible to see since he was wearing a mask, "...Don't think about me."

"Was it true?" [Name] asked, hanging her head low so that Sabito can't see her crying.

Sabito's shoulders tensed. He knew what she was talking about.

"...Yes," he replied hesitantly, "but that isn't important now."

"HOW IS IT NOT IMPORTANT, SABITO?" [Name] yelled, tears wetting her face, "HOW?"

"Oi, brat..."

[Name] then looked up, only to see Levi sitting on the tree branch above her, "This isn't important at the moment."

[Name] wiped her tears with her hands thaf are wrapped in black fingerless gloves.

Levi then continued speaking, "Calm down, get your breathing under control, and just focus on killing the son of a bitch. We aren't important. Remember..."

Levi and Sabito then spoke in unison.

"You promised."

"[Name]?" the voice changed now, [Name]'s vision cleared up again to see that the person in front of her was no other than Tanjiro, "You were gone for a good 2 seconds, are you alright?"