「七」

第七章

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"[NAME], [NAME]"

[Name] could feel her body being shook lightly. She fluttered her eyes open and met a pair of familiar red eyes.

"[Name], we're going to start training now." Tanjiro said.

[Name] yawned and got up and continued to tidy her futon sleepily. She then noticed that Tanjiro was eyeing something. She stood up and went on his side. He was looking at Nezuko.

Nezuko looked so... peaceful.

[Name] could smell the scent of concern. She placed a hand on Tanjiro's shoulder, making him look at her. She only returned a reassuring smile.

"Everything's going to be alright." She smiled at him.

He let out a small smile and nodded, agreeing with her statement. The two then heard a hoarse vouce that came from none other than Urokodaki.

"Let's go."

»»————- ✼ ————-««

The Demon Slayer Corps has about hundreds of members. It's an organization unrecognized by the government. It has existed since the ancient times and we still continue to hunt for demons until today.

But as for who's leading the Demon Slayer Corps, that remains a mystery.

Demons.

Staple food... Humans! They kill humans and feed on them. No one knows when or where they first appeared. Their physical prowess is remarkable. Any wound would heal in a blink of an eye. Flesh is restored after being hacked off, and limbs can be newly generated. Some demons can shape-shift, others have otherwordly powers. They can only be killed by sunlight or by decapitation using a special sword.

The Demon Slayers battle the demons with their own mortal bodies. Since they're human, their wounds are slow to heal, and, once lost, their limbs don't grow back! Even so, they battle against the demons to protect other humans.

»»————- ✼ ————-««

"I am a trainer," Urokodaki explained, "I literally train swordsmen. There are many trainers, and each of then trains their pupils with their own regimen in their location."

Tanjiro and [Name] stood and paid attention to Urokodaki, not wanting to miss a point, just in case he mentioned anything important.

"In order to join the Demon Slayer Corps, you must survive the Final Selection held on Mt. Fujikasane," he continued, "Whether or not you're eligible for the Final Selection is up to me."

»»————- ✼ ————-««

Night to night, the young Kamado and the young Saito would descend the hills again to get to the foot of Mt. Sagiri, avoiding all the traps.

"I think I'm starting to get the hang of this!" [Name] hollered because she couldn't hear herself.

The both of them were more adept in sensing the incoming traps and had gotten much stronger over each training. Although the two of them felt that they already adapted to these trainings, there was something else that they notice.