Chapter 4: Thank You

He filled her thoughts and her dreams. She could not stop thinking about that boy. The next day, she managed to find Marinette before class started.

"Hey, Marinette!" Chloe called out.

Marinette turned to greet who called her name, "Oh! Hey, Chlo, what's up?"

"Hey, do you think I could come with you to Kitty Section's next practice?" Chloe said, hoping for a positive response.

"Of course! I'm glad you enjoyed it! Whenever you want to, just let me know, okay?" Mari replied with a smile.

"By the way, where does that boy, Luka, go to school? He looked like he was around our age, but I've never seen him around here."

As if on cue, a hand touched Chloe's shoulder. She looked up to see the very boy that had been occupying her thoughts for the past 12 and a half hours. He smiled down at her with that bright white-toothed smile that she had seen in her dreams the night before.

"H-hi, Luka." Chloe stuttered. Why am I acting like this? I never act like this. What is wrong with me?

"Hey, Chloe. You're wearing something different today. I like it." Luka replied.

Today Chloe was wearing a white long sleeve turtleneck sweater paired with a yellow flowy skirt. She wore black and white striped wedge heels and a black and white faux snakeskin belt to accent the look. She also wore her hair in a half-up, half-down style in beach curls.

Chloe blushed at his compliment, "T-thanks, Luka. You look nice today, too." Chloe tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.

Marinette and Alya noticed this and exchanged a glance. Marinette looked back towards Chloe and Luka. Mari touched Chloe's shoulder, "Hey, we're gonna go to the classroom. We'll see you in there."

"Alright." Chloe smiled brightly.

Marinette and Alya left the two alone to head to the classroom.

As they were going up the stairs, Alya spoke, "Did you notice that? How flustered Chloe got? That's so unlike her."

"I know! That's exactly how I get around Adrien. That was weird!" Marinette agreed.

They walked into the classroom to see Adrien and Nino. they greeted the boys and Marinette turned to Alya, "Hey, do you mind if I sit next to Chloe today?"

Alya sighed "I don't know why you're even bothering with her. But, okay. Go ahead."

"Thank you! I love you so much, Alya!" Marinette hugged her best friend before taking a seat where Sabrina used to sit.

Chloe walked into the classroom, face as red as a tomato. She took her respective seat in the classroom. She looked to her right and finally noticed that Marinette was sitting next to her.

"What are you doing sitting here? Don't you usually sit next to Alya?" Chloe questioned.

"I do." Marinette said confidently, "But today," she organized her papers and her tablet, "I'm sitting next to you!" Mari smiled at Chloe.

"Oh, well, thank you." Chloe smiled back.

Word Count: 497