Chapter 12: Special Moment

She opened her mouth, and everyone was surprised.

"I will wander 'til the end of time/Torn away from you." She started. The song was My Heart is Broken by Evanescence. Everyone even Luka was surprised she knew this song. She always seemed too bubblegum pop to know this song. And yet here they were. Ivan climbed the stage and took his place at the drums and began to play drums for her.

She took notice of this and continued. "I pulled away to face the pain/ I close my eyes and drift away/ Over the fear that I will never find a way to heal my soul/ And I will wander til the end of time/ Torn away from you."

It was as if she was singing her hidden sorrows. The heartbreak she felt when she was rejected by her parents. She sung with so much passion, it was hard to look away. Luka especially. He was right. She did have a beautiful voice.

"My heart is broken/ Sweet sleep my dark angel/ Deliver us/ From sorrow's hold." She continued.

Luka joined in, "I can't go on living this way/ But I can't go back the way I came." he had no idea how, but she managed to pick his favorite Evanescence song. It was this moment when he realized that he didn't just like her, he loved her. He was officially in love with her and there was no going back.

When they both sang together is was a perfect harmony. As if their voices were meant to go together. Meant to harmonize and they themselves were made for each other.

Luka stood up and walked towards her, "Chained to this fear that I will never find a way/ To heal my soul/ And I will wander til the end of time/ Half alive without you!"

"My heart is broken/ Sweet sleep my dark angel/ Deliver us/ change/ open your eyes to the light/ I denied it all so long/ oh so long." Chloe turned and looked into Luka's eyes, "Say goodbye/ Goodbye"

Everyone watched as they got closer and closer until they were only inches apart, "My heart is broken/ Release me/ I can't hold on!/ deliver us/ my heart is broken/ sweet sleep my dark angel/ deliver us/ my heart is broken/ sweet sleep my dark angel/ deliver us/ from sorrows hold" and with that the song was over.

Everyone applauded. Including the people on the sidewalks that stopped to watch the performance. Chloe and Luka's faces turned beat red. It was then a booming voice drew everyone's attention towards the akumatized villain in the air. She had a very goth look. She wore all black and had on black lipstick and had piercing blue eyes. (Sorry. I'm not very creative when it comes to coming up with how she would look.) she had a black and white charm bracelet that was the source of her power.

Only Chloe recognized who she was. And what the akumatized object was. "Sabrina?"

"I'm not Sabrina. Sabrina is gone! I am Vengeance! Here to right the wrongs done by Chloe Bourgeois!" she landed on the boat "How could you all blindly accept and forgive her after everything she's done?! Siding with Hawkmoth? All the people she's helped akumatized? She's a monster! And she's going to pay for everything she's done!"

And with that, Chloe's special moment was over, and her life was now on the line.

Word count: 576