Chapter 6: So, Math, Huh?

The rest of the day went by even faster than the first half. Chloe only went home with a few pages of math homework. She got home and started on her homework, but it was calculus. And not to mention, math was her worst subject. She stared blankly at her math book. Since when has math been this hard? She glanced at her phone and thought about calling Marinette. Surely, she's doing her homework right now, right? It didn't take her long to grab her phone and pull up Marinette's contact. 

She hesitated, "What if she doesn't want to be bothered. What if she's sewing and is concentrating?"

She decided to push all these 'what ifs' aside. She closed her eyes and pushed call. It rang twice and then picked up.

Chloe could hear the other person pick up the phone nonchalantly, "Hello?"

"Marinette?"

"Oh, hey Chlo. What's up?" Mari said with a smile evident in her voice.

"Uhm, are you doing the math homework? I am so lost." Chloe asked nervously.

"Yeah, I'm doing the homework. What number are you lost on?" Marinette asked.

"Um...number one?" Chloe replied shyly.

"Oh, well...how about you come over and we can work on the homework together?" Marinette said cautiously.

"Please?" Chloe pleaded.

"Of course. Come over."

"I'll be over as soon as I can." Chloe smiled.

"Alright. I'll see you soon." Mari said before hanging up.

Chloe wasted no time gathering her stuff and heading out the door. With a giddy smile on her face, she happily declined a ride from her limo and decided to walk to the Dupain-Cheng bakery.

. Within 5-10 minutes she was at the bakery, opening the door.

"Oh! Hello, Chloe!" Mrs. Dupain-Cheng greeted with a smile, "What are you doing here?"

"Uhm...Marinette said she would help me with my homework. It's math and I struggle with math."

"Oh, well, okay. Marinette should be in her room. Go on and head up there." Marinette's mom said with a warming smile.

Chloe couldn't help but wish her parents were like that. She walked up the stairs and managed to find the door of Marinette's adorable apartment. She knocked and was greeted by Marinette's enormous father. He had to be about 198(.12) cm tall! 

"Ah! Hello Chloe. Come to see Marinette?" he asked her.

"Yeah, she's going to help me with my homework," Chloe replied with a smile.

"Oh, okay. Well, she's just in her room." He gestured to the stairs that led to Marinette's attic bedroom, "Just up those steps."

"Thank you, Mr. Dupain." Chloe said before she headed up to Marinette's room. She knocked twice then spoke, "Marinette? It's Chloe. I'm coming in."

She opened the trap door to find Marinette focused on her sewing. It seemed like she was talking to somebody. Chloe thought Marinette was talking on the phone until she heard a high-pitched voice respond. Chloe came up the stairs and stood staring at the red and black floating Kwami that was talking to Marinette. Chloe's jaw dropped. It was then the kwami took notice of Chloe. Her eyes went wide. Marinette turned around then her facial expression matched the kwami's.

"Uh..." was all Chloe managed to get out.

Marinette desperately tried to change the subject, "So, math, huh?"

Word count: 552