Chapter 11: Luka

Marinette looked to Chloe. She was lost in thought. The bell rang for lunch and Chloe was still lost in thought. Mari smiled and gathered up her things to go meet up with Luka. Alya was absent today. Head cold. So she was able to hang out with Luka and talk about Chloe. She hadn't thought of what she was going to say. But she was sure that she would figure it out.

She walked out of her classroom and Luka was standing outside the door. She almost forgot that his classroom was right underneath the stairs.

"Hey, Marinette. What did you want to talk about?" asked Luka.

"That depends," Mari smirked, "do you want me to dance around the truth, or get straight to the point?"

Luka chuckled and rolled his eyes, "Straight to the point?"

Mari nodded her head towards Chloe. Luka's face tinted pink. Mari took notice of this and couldn't help but ask, "You like her, huh?"

Luka scratched the back of his neck, "Is it that obvious? I have no idea why, though. There's just something about her. She's gorgeous and she's trying to better herself. I have a feeling that she just wasn't herself when she sided with hawkmoth and I trust her. She's amazing and I kind of want to put her on the mic at our next rehearsal."

Mari was surprised by his last sentence. Why would he want to put her on the mic at the next rehearsal?

"I have a feeling she's got an amazing voice." he sighed happily.

The way that he was looking at her through the windows that peer into the classroom, Mari could tell he was smitten. She made a small smile and grabbed his sleeve, "C'mon. I brought my lunch but let's got get you your own." She glanced back at Chloe silently wishing her luck. They walked across the street to her parent's bakery and got him 2 sandwiches. Once they got the sandwiches that Tom and Sabine insisted were on the house, they headed back to school to talk strategy.

Mari looked to Luka, "By the way, are we still on for practice tonight?"

Luka looked at her then forward, "Yeah. For sure."

Mari looked at him with kind eyes. She could tell that he was hoping she would bring Chloe to tonight's practice. She could tell that he was really happy when thinking or talking about her. Marinette made a mental note to notify Chloe about the practice tonight. They finished their lunch then went back to class. Marinette made sure to tell Chloe that there was practice and when the day was over, they headed to Luka's houseboat.

Luka greeted Chloe with a blushing smile, "Hey, Chloe."

Chloe twirled a piece of her hair, "H-hi, Luka."

The practice went off without a hitch until Luka decided to bring Chloe up on stage to sing. Chloe joined him on stage nervously. Her face beat red, she looked at Luka, "What now?"

"Sing whatever you want. I'll play for you." He smiled. She whispered in his ear, he looked surprised, however, he agreed.

She approached the mic and nodded to Luka. He started playing and she opened her mouth. And what came out surprised everybody.

Word count: 542

A/N: By the way, if you would like to follow me on Instagram, my tag is EmeraldEyes1626.Ttv it's a bunch of makeup looks and sometimes I post sneak peeks of the next chapters! Go give me a follow