Chapter 8 - Entice

“You, Kim Jongin, have a crush on a guy?! Out of all the people to choose from, you pick Lee Taemin?!”

“No, it’s not like that. I can’t tell what it is exactly, but it’s something significant enough for me to bring it up.” Jongin was crouched over in his desk, engulfed and overtaken by confusion and frustration. His hand was placed on his forehead, bangs overlapping onto his fingers. Sehun squinted his eyes, and directed his attention elsewhere briefly before further interrogation. “How long has this been going on?” “Since yesterday. We just kind of…like, if I had a choice between touching him or not, I’d choose touching him. But I also wouldn’t mind if I didn’t have that choice at all. Does that make sense?”

Sehun leaned back into his desk and binked at Jongin. “Nope.” He instantly received daggers.

Taemin’s Perspective

“Jonghyun, JONGHYUN! YOU SHOULD’VE SEEN IT! Oh my god, it was beautiful.” Jonghyun placed his fingers to his temples and rubbed therapeutically. “I heard you. For the five-hundredth time. I take back what I said about him being the straightest guy in the world.” Taemin smacked him across the arm, a little harder then he should have actually. “Don’t even joke.”

It was lunch time, yet Taemin’s stomach was much too energetic to care for food. The kids a few seats down were finishing homework, which suddenly reminded Taemin of a textbook he needed for his next class, and told Jonghyun and Kibum he would be right back. It was good for Taemin to walk around anyway, as he attempted to fast-walk the butterflies away. He skipped with each step, and snapped his fingers while humming to the melody in his mind. He rounded the corner to the row of lockers and was instantly greeted by a boy facing inwards to his locker. His hair fell just like Jongin’s; a feather to a pond. His muscles and skin were the same brilliant tone as Jongin’s and as Taemin neared this boy he realized it was indeed Jongin.

This did not help decrease the butterflies in his stomach, and he pretended not to notice Jongin rummaging around in his locker, which Taemin had no idea was so close to his own. After he grabbed his textbook, he couldn’t help but stare at Jongin from the corner of his eye. He had never seen him out during lunch before; his curiosity was overwhelming, yet it did not overpower the desire to be so eminently close to him. Not even a breath would survive between them.

He watched as intimately as he possibly could from the corner of his eye. Jongin made a gesture from his palm to his mouth, and took a few gulps from a water bottle. His adams apple bobbing in an undeniably y rhythm, eyes mostly closed, eyelashes just brushing his cheek bones. It had then finally processed what Jongin was actually doing. Taemin’s outrage and confusion was slowly growing on him, and he feebly choked out a few words overflowing with worry while starting towards Jongin. “Jongin, what was that you just took? Are those pills?”

Jongin was slightly startled; he too believed he was alone. He fastened the cap back on the bottle and placed it into his locker while beginning to smile. “Hey, dancer.” Don’t blush. Taemin swallowed down his infatuation and disguised himself with honest concern. “What were those pills you just took?” Jongin closed his locker and was quiet for a few seconds before answering. “Just pain medicine.” “Jongin, why are you torturing yourself?”

Another silence.

Jongin suddenly advanced onto Taemin. “How’d you know I was down here anyway, eh?” His voice was lower than usual, yet seducing to the point of frightening. He took a step closer. “Have you been spying on me?” Another step closer, forcing Taemin against the lockers without actually touching him. Their legs were now half intertwined due to mid step, breath intakes increasing, unlike the separation between them. Jongin’s chin was tilted downwards, while his hand rested against the lockers, supporting his weight. There was no room or time for Taemin to process anything at all. His chin echoed Jongin’s, tilting his head forwards and focusing on Jongin’s lips while his eyes were open just enough to study the detail and puffiness of them. Whilst thinking of the many things Taemin yearned to do to them, he unintentionally let out a soft whimper that only Taemin himself could hear; hopefully. The hard and overpowering expression Jongin’s lips delineated immediately transformed into a smile, fading into a laugh.