chapter 17

seungcheol close the door of his apartment, walking lifelessly toward the kitchen. it's almost 2 in the morning when he glance at the clock on the wall. he toss his bag on the island table in the kitchen and open the fridge. today has been a long day. his body is aching now that everything is over, evident from the lack of exercise. he really need to hit the gym again, he sigh as he took a can of beer on the fridge's door then paused when his eyes catch a pack of strawberry milk belong to his lover.

"can i ask a question?"

the hand that's touching his chin after sticking the band aid stop moving. beautiful brown eyes shift up to meet his eyes.

after they get into his car, he was rummaging the glove compartment to find first aid kit box. jeonghan took it from his hand when he found the white box and get a band aid for his cut.

for that whole minute of silence, he's just concentrating at the beauty present before his eyes. watching the furrowed eyebrows and how the blonde man tend him carefully.

the light in the car was pretty dim, but even with the minimum light, seungcheol still can see the beautiful shape of the omega's eyes. glinting with sparks and childlike innocence behind the extrovert persona.

"Do you dislike it that much? Calling us fated mate?"

he wonder if this is the right time to throw out this question after what happen today. the time and place doesn't seems right, but his mouth tend to have it's own brain and just speak without waiting his brain to give permission.

The omega doesn't seems to know that he saw the glare he threw at him when he introduced jeonghan to his mother. seungcheol just pretend to not notice it. the slight scoffed jeonghan let out when he's hiding behind him.

This is the third time.

To be honest it's bugging him ever since that day he admitted his feeling about claiming their relationship as fated mate. Jeonghan gave him a flat response. Almost non-responsive even. It disappoint him, considering how excited he was at the revelation that jeonghan actually felt the same as him.

He found his fated mate, yet his pair doesn't acknowledge it.

"Yeah,"

Jeonghan back away, sitting straight on his seat after putting the aid box back in the compartment.

"Why?"

"Nothing. I just don't believe it. No offense,"

Seungcheol can't see his face fully due to the lack of light. But he somewhat can feel the distance he put between them after the answer.

He's putting his guard up.

For something seungcheol doesn't know why.

he noticed it from time to time no matter how Jeonghan may looks bright in the outside. Brave, have no fear and free spirited, he's honestly more secretive than he thought. He doesn't really open up to him, it has to be seungcheol who tug him to start talking.

Just like today. Seungcheol had to ask the omega questions about himself, about his personal life to learn about him, but jeonghan only response with short answer.