Chapter 7: Little wolf

Marinette had been out of school and stuck in bed for three days. She was almost completely healed except for the claw marks on her chest. "These are gonna scar." Marinette groaned, looking down at the marks. 'Just what I need. More reminders about what a monster I am.' She thought deprecatingly.

   The claw marks had almost healed completely, but they were still visible. "Give it time and they should go away." Sabine said gently.

  "I've been stuck in bed for three days, can't I just cover this up with makeup and go out?" Marinette asked exasperated.

  Sabine chuckled. "I know it's boring, but you're still a bit weak. Just a few more days." Marinette rolled her eyes.

"Mommy!" Luna cried as she ran in and jumped on Marinette. "Luna, be careful your mother is still injured!" Sabine scolded.

  "It's alright mom, I can handle this little monkey." Marinette smiled and hugged Luna who giggled.

  "Alright then, your father and I will be in the bakery if you need anything." Sabine said as she left.

   Once Sabine had gone downstairs, Marinette stood up. She walked into her bathroom with Luna following close behind. "What are you doing mommy?" Luna asked.

  "You and I are gonna wash up and then go out together." Marinette replied. "I don't wanna go outside, people will make fun of me." Luna said sadly.

   Marinette gave Luna a big hug. "Don't worry Cherí, I have something for you that will help." Marinette smiled at her daughter and Luna smiled right back. "Okay then!" Luna exclaimed.

***

   After getting washed up, Marinette put on some clothes and brushed out her hair and then put Luna's hair into pig tails. "Here, these are for you." Marinette said handing her daughter a box. "What are these?" Luna asked. "Colored contacts." Marinette said with a smile.

"Now hold still, they might be a little uncomfortable at first." She instructed.

After placing the blue contacts in Luna's eyes, the child screamed with delight. "My eyes look just like yours mommy!" She jumped into Marinette's arms and gave her a big hug.

"I love you mommy." She said nuzzling into her mother. "I love you too Cherí." Marinette replied. "How are we gonna sneak past grandma?" Luna inquired. "Like this." Marinette said.

Marinette walked out onto her balcony. "Hold on tight." She said. Luna nodded.

  With one quick jump, Marinette leapt off the balcony and landed safely on the street below. "Lets go have some fun." The bluenette said to her the child.

***

Adrien had been calling Marinette for three days, but there had been no answer. He knew that she was hiding something and he decided to confront her today. "If she's not coming to school, then I'm going to her." Adrien stated out loud.

   The blonde made his way to the bakery, only to find Sabine and Tom in a panic. He stood outside and listened to their conversation. "I can't believe that girl!" Sabine stated angrily.

  "Honey you have to remember that she is a teenager." Tom said calmly. "But she's not a normal teenager Tom. You and I both know that."

   Adrien raised a brow. 'Not a normal teenager?' He thought to himself.

  "She's been stuck in bed for three days, it's not that surprising that she'd sneak out." Tom said.

  "But she's still injured! Her fever just went away yesterday and she still has cuts on her chest!" Sabine said frantically. 'Cuts on her chest?' Adrien thought with suspicion.