Chapter 11: What do you want?

~1 week later~

  Marinette sat on the couch, watching TV with her daughter asleep in her arms. She had a worried look on her face and she wasn't even paying attention to what was on the TV.

"Marinette sweetie? Is everything alright?" Her mother asked in a warm but concerned tone. "You look like you have your head in the clouds." Sabine said.

  Marinette didn't even turn her head to make eye contact, she just continued to sit there, staring out into space. Sabine sighed in frustration before walking out in front of the TV and blocking her daughter's view.

  "Hello? Earth to my daughter!" Sabine shouted, still no reply from Marinette. Sabine rolled her eyes and said "Well, I really hoped it wouldn't come to this, but you've given me no choice." She said before she knelt down in front of her daughter and poked a pressure point on her side.

Marinette jumped at the contact, but she managed to hang on to Luna. "What the heck mom?! I've got Luna in my arms!" Marinette said angrily.

Sabine rolled her eyes. "Well if you had responded to me when I tried to talk to you in the first place, I wouldn't have had to poke your pressure point." She said matter of factly. Marinette raised a brow. "Wait, you were trying to talk to me?" She asked.

Sabine sighed and said "You really didn't hear me yelling? I thought you were just ignoring me." She said a little surprised.

  Marinette sweat dropped and chuckled nervously as she rubbed the back of her neck with one hand. "Sorry about that mom. I guess my mind was elsewhere." She said apologizing awkwardly.

Sabine smiled softly at Marinette. "It's alright dear. But what has you so spaced out anyway?" Her mother asked. Marinette sighed. "I'm alright mom. I've just been a little tired these past few days, that's all." Marinette said lying.

Sabine nodded in understanding, believing her daughters lie. Marinette felt guilty for lying to her mother, but she didn't want to worry her.

A few moments later Luna started to stir in Marinette's arms and she looked up at her sleepily. "Mommy?" She asked in a tired voice.

"What's up princess?" Marinette replied. "I just had a weird dream." She said. "About what?" Sabine asked. Luna thought for a moment. "I dreamed of a strange man with blue and black hair coming to Paris. He was coming for you." Luna said.

Marinette's eyes widened in shock, she knew exactly who and what her daughter was talking about and it scared the crap out of her.

"Mommy, are you okay?" Luna asked. Marinette smiled softly at her daughter and ruffled her hair. "Don't worry, I'm fine." She said trying to reassure her daughter and herself.

Marinette put Luna on the couch and then stood up. "Excuse me, I need some air." She said before excusing herself and leaving the apartment. Sabine and Luna had confused looks on their faces as they watched her leave.

~small time skip~

Marinette had been wandering around the streets of Paris for an hour now, trying to calm herself down. She was worried about her daughter and frightened by the seemingly prophetic dream that she had.

  For the past week, Marinette had had a strange feeling in her gut telling her that something was about to happen and it was bothering her to no end.

She had been agonizing over it for a while and now with what her daughter had just told her, she was sure she knew what was about to happen and she now wished that it was anything else but him.

'I should go for a run, maybe that will help burn off some energy.' She thought as she made her way to the forest.

~with Adrien~