Chapter 4: I Will Protect You

Fourth Part is out. Hope you enjoy it.

Thor didn't had the heart to say anything to Wanda,becaause what she did was correct.

Although Wanda did it intentionally to save people of New York, She too was feeling guilty for what she did.

" Thor are you alright "

Cap said in a worried tone placing is hand firmly on Thor's shoulder.
Thor didn't reply to this, instead just he held Loki's hand, mournfully shouted

"Come back Loki. I can't live without you"
and started weeping again.
No one had the heart to convince Thor that they need to leave.
Finally standing there for almost 15 minutes, Tony gathered some courage to say it.

"Thor, I can understand, but we need to go".
but Thor wasn't ready to leave his little brother alone.  He was still holding Loki in his arms.Tony insisted
" Please".

At last Thor kept Loki on ground and rested his head in his brother's chest. Suddenly he stopped crying for he heard a sound. It was heartbeat. A sudden hope rised in Thor because Loki's heart was going on.

"He is alive. I can hear his heart going. Tony , Cap. Please take him to Avengers tower,he just needs a first aid". Said Thor.
He looked at Loki with tearful eyes.Thor was constantly trying to support Loki.

He said " Brother you will be alright".

Tony commanded Friday to send the Avengers jet. It arrive very fastly. Thor lifted Loki in his arms. Loki seemed to struggle to move his fingers. Loki mumbled
"br.. Bro..brother".

" It will be alright Loki"said Thor.

He rushed towards the jet and put Loki down on a stretcher. They were at Avengers tower in no time. Loki was taken to the 13 th floor where medical treatment was available.
He was given a oxygen mask immediately and taken to the operation theatre.
He lost a huge amount of blood but fortunately his blood group was available and blood transfusion was successful.
Operation was still going on. Wanda and Falcon went up using the elevator but Steve and Tony stayed with Thor. Thor was sitting with his head between his hands, constantly praying for Loki.

"Allfather please save my brother. It's not his fault. Forgive him".

After 3 hours. Doctors came out. The three rushed towards them.

Doctor said " Mr. Stark, we have saved him. He is out of danger zone now."

A wide smile appeared on Thor's face. He was about to go to see Loki when doctor interrupted.

"But... "

"But what "
asked Thor desperate to see his brother.

"But since your brother lost a lot of blood and had a severe injury on his head, he is in coma now".
The wide smile faded. He worriedly asked

" Coma? How much time he needs to recover".

"We don't know. May be day or two, may be few weeks,months or years".

This put an expression of despair on Thor's face and he rushed towards Loki's room to see him.

Loki was lying there on the bed with a heart rate monitor. He looked like he was sleeping. The glucose was dripping from the bottle and penetrating in to Loki's left hand. He was bandaged all over. Thor came and sat near him. He held Loki's right hand and gripped  it tightly and brought it near his chest and said

" Loki, brother, I know you are still mad with me and you should be. I failed to guide you ....... But give me another chance. Now I am always by your side. I will protect you. I promise I will protect you. "

Then Thor leaned to hug Loki and touched his nose on Loki's forhead . He was still sitting beside him , gently playing with his soft and silky black hair .

Meanwhile Cap came to call Thor for dinner. After they all had their meal, Loki was sent to Thor's floor, the 15th floor so that Thor can look after him. Thor moved towards the elevator heavy heartedly.

"Don't worry Thor, he will be alright".
Tony consolated .
Thor gave a weak smile and went down. He got into his bed and gave a sigh on seeing Loki and he lied in his bed and only thought of Loki . He was tired so he closed in eyes and fall asleep.