☆TWELVE☆

"y/n," i hear a voice whisper as i was shaken awake. it is christmas morning already? i guess it was. i open my eyes to a smiling boyfriend. i smiled lightly and cup his cheek with my hand. his face was warm to the touch, almost too warm. i sit up fast and put my other hand on his face, my smile disappearing.
       "oh payton," i say as i put the back of my hand up too his forehead. hot to the touch.
       "you are burning up," i say. he grabs my hand softly and takes it off his face.
      "don't worry about me, it's christmas," he says. he gets excited and gets off the bed. i rush over to him and bring him to the bathroom room to take his temperature.
      "101, that's bad payton. you are sick. come on, you are going back to bed," i say taking his wrist in my hand.
      "no come on we have to open presents," he says like a 4 year old. i sigh and give in. i get a cold wet washcloth and make payton hold it to his forehead while he takes a pill.
      "can we go now?" he asks. i laugh and nod my head as he takes my hand in his and pull me downstairs.
       i see my mom and dad sitting on the couch as well as payton's family. faith is behind us on the stairs. we all head to the kitchen and grab some waffles and juice, then make our way to sit with the adults on the couch.
       "who wants to open their presents first?" my mom speaks as she sets her glass of orange juice down on the coffee table. Payton raises his hand like a 4 year old and everyone chucked. Payton takes a present and heads back to his spot on the couch.
       "To Pay, from y/n," he said. he smiled and looked at me. i smiled back as he looked away and focused on the gift.