Chapter 4 - Piercings and Band-Aids

"It's her?" he asked Liam, seemingly completely unfazed at the fact that I was right there in the room with them. My eyebrows furrowed. What the hell was he on about now? Liam slightly nodded in approval.

"F*ck", he cursed in reply.

My eyes drew to his dirty mouth and in response my bottom lip snaked between my teeth. As if it would clear my head of all the other dirty words I wanted him to say out loud. I hid my face in Liam's shirt again.

"Why is she on your back, mate?" Zayn asked, a sudden edge to his voice. Liam must have sensed it to, because he stiffened underneath me. I rolled my eyes.

Boys and their egos.

"Oh, you know, just carving some birdhouses and whatnot. Please continue with your daily routines and don't mind us. We're just dandy on our own", I replied instead, sarcasm coating my voice.

The Irish boy and the girl with the ultimate hair goals snorted to contain their laughter. Good for you Violet, you made at least two people laugh today. Today was a good day.

Zayn was still mumbling something under his breath that I couldn't quite make out but I knew had something to do with carving birdhouses, when a random head of blonde hair appeared seemingly out of nowhere. She looked at me, her whole attitude threatening me to do something. What that was supposed to be, I did not know. She kissed him, which would've been a lot less awkward had he not pulled away halfway through. Her features twisted into confusion and it took everything in me not to give outing to my amusement.

"Liam, can you take me home now?" I whispered to him and he nodded his approval.

He started backtracking and I slightly turned around to say my goodbyes to the boys. I didn't even get their names though. I shrugged and we left the house.

"Liam, mate, I'll take her", a voice suddenly piped up behind us.

A random Zayn's head appeared around the threshold of the dream house; his voice laced with an unknown dark tone. Was that authority? Liam frowned, not at all intimidated by him. Ha.

"No, thank you, I prefer a Liam as my ride of choice. I don't want to get an STD on the way home. Run home to Wifey now; she didn't look very happy with your rejection", I explained as one of the sweetest smiles I could conjure up, spread across my face.

I really hoped he didn't hear the way my voice caught on "Wifey".

Could you perhaps be jealous, Violet?

Bitch, please. Like that could ever happen.

"I'm afraid that's not up to you, princess", he replied, shooting a very odd look Liam's way.

Liam sighed and turned around. For a moment I thought he was going to ignore Zayn and keep walking but then his grip around my thighs loosened and then I was falling. A pair of disturbingly familiar arms caught me just as my heart almost stopped.

"I'm not an object you can just throw around, you know", I complained. Liam ruffled my hair in response.

"Good night, Violet", he said.

I smiled and wished him a good night as well. When my eyes focused on Zayn's smirk though, my smile disappeared and my arms automatically crossed themselves over my breasts. I could feel his chuckles vibrating through his chest.

"That's not the reaction I usually get", he said, amusement still clear in his voice.

I looked at the night life around me to avoid his eyes, because I knew as soon as I stared into those caramel spheres I would become entranced again. What sorcery was this?