Chapter 17 - Party time

"So he basically ignored you the entire day," Skylar asked, her shock mirroring my own. I nodded as I walked into my closet.

"Yeah, and I honestly don't know what I did," I replied.

Chase had been ignoring me flat the whole day and I didn't even know why. I had a feeling it was because of something Zayn had said to him.

"Forget him. He's being a d.ck," she scoffed and I smiled at her in response.

She put the brush back into the nail polish bottle and closed it. She blew on her toes to make the polish dry faster. As if that even helped.

I dropped my towel and walked over to my underwear drawer. Do you know what, she was right. F.ck Chase. I didn't do shit. I noiselessly rummaged through my drawer. After a few seconds, my eye finally caught on a new pair of black lace underwear. So, let's face it, I loved black lingerie. It always made me feel sexy and desirable. You know, underneath all my clothes. It wasn't in me to dress sexy, but I liked to feel it even though no one could see it. It was weird, but it worked for me. I grabbed a pair of black fishnet stockings and pulled them on in front of the full-length mirror.

I briefly froze when my eye caught my reflection and I sighed. This was exactly why I didn't dress in front of the mirror. My eye zeroed in on the jagged red scar running between my breasts. Every time I saw it, it felt as if I could still hear the flesh ripping. I shivered and turned my attention away from the mirror.

When I returned to my bedroom Skylar was gone. She must've gone to her room to get ready. I walked from my room to hers and knocked on the door.

"Gosh, I wonder who it could be. The boogieman perhaps?" she mocked through the closed door and I laughed at her sarcasm. Her eyes immediately focused in on my body when I entered her room.

"New set?" she asked. I crossed my arms over my waist in response.

"Yeah, why?"

She shrugged and threw the dress she was holding in front of her body on the bed.

"Looks good. You should go for that cut more often," she complimented.

I rolled my eyes and let go of my arms. I had seen Skylar in less than what I was wearing right now, thanks to her many night-time activities, but she didn't have anything to be insecure about. 

"What are you going to wear?" I asked as I made my way to her bed, only to come face to face with the place where all clothes go to die itself.

"I don't know," she groaned.

Even though we were not girly at all, we still liked to dress up. I changed my direction and padded into her closet instead.

"Skirt?" I asked as I ran my fingers over the short skirts hanging in her closet.

"Yeah, Niall needs easy access," she replied dead serious. I involuntarily made a gagging noise in my throat.

"I absolutely did not need to know that."

I swear if I didn't know my best friend the way I did, I would've thought that she was a massive ass slut. It was just her personality type. Extremely, extremely flirtatious. She laughed.

"Oh, you love me," she mocked and I rolled my eyes.

"Unfortunately."

My eye caught a short, black and definitely skin tight faux leather skirt. I grabbed a burgundy lacy tank top to round it off. Skylar had the figure for the skirt and she would pull the top off even without a bra. Talk about easy access. 

"Heads up," I yelled from inside the closet. Her head popped around the door and she caught the outfit I threw her way just in time.

"Yeah, this will work," she said, smiling in approval.

"You know the necklace that needs to go with that?" I asked as I made my way towards her bedroom door. She smiled at her reflection in the mirror.

"Yeah, great minds think alike."

I smiled as I made my way towards my bedroom and my own closet. Skylar might have the perfect body for skin tight dresses, but I unfortunately had the curves that didn't comprehend with it. At all.

I picked my favorite pair of ripped, light-wash skinny jeans and hopped around my closet, desperately trying to make them fit again. They might have been a little too small, but they made my ass look f.cking fantastic. I found a black mesh long-sleeved shirt and pulled it over my head. It was a risky look, but I felt empowered. Sexy even. I was having a little anxiety attack about the fact that my scar might show, but I figured the mesh would cover the small bit of visibility in the dark party atmosphere. 

My dark curly hair fell in loose waves just above my waist and I grinned satisfactorily as I ran my hand through it

My dark curly hair fell in loose waves just above my waist and I grinned satisfactorily as I ran my hand through it. Perks of having curly hair: you didn't have to do much to make it look good.

On a good day.

Today was such a day.

I jogged over to my bathroom to brush my teeth. Mouth hygiene was a whole thing for me, so I made sure mine was always up to par. I walked back to my vanity table and took my liquid eyeliner in my hand.

Okay, here we go.

Applying liquid eyeliner was all about luck. The universe seemed to be on my side, for once, because my cat eyes came out perfect. I applied mascara and my favorite matte nude liquid lipstick. I puckered my lips at my reflection and looked at the watch on my wall.

Shit.

"Sky, we're gonna be late," I yelled from my room, hoping that she'd hear me.

"I'm done. I'll wait in the living room," she yelled in response and I nodded in approval. I realized shortly after that she couldn't see me and mentally facepalmed. 

I made my way towards my closet to grab a leather jacket and a pair of black old school Vans. 

My eye caught my best friend, halfway down the stairs, and I smiled. The burgundy increased the intensity of her piercing blue eyes. Her sleek blonde sex-hair fell just past her shoulders. She always had the uncanny ability to pull off that hair style. To top it off she was wearing a pair of black strappy heels. Mine probably. 

"Bitch please, I was born ready

"Bitch please, I was born ready."

I rolled my eyes at her, but joined in her laughter. I locked the door behind us and we started making our way towards the boys' house. I could already hear the music blaring from the house.

I had a feeling this was going to be one epic night.