13: Just Like That

13: Just Like That

I shift uncomfortably in the leather couch in the hotel lobby. Keeping my eyes away from the girl sitting in front of me, I look around to the various hotel decorations as if they are the most interesting pieces of artwork that I have ever seen in my life. Which in fact, they aren't. I don't even know what I'm looking at to be honest, just as long as I don't have to look at her.

After Zayn and I convinced Liam to come back inside, the boys soon followed him back to his room where Danielle never stepped foot in. It's like she came all the way to Ireland just to break up with Liam. That was it. I don't even know if she had bags packed or anything. All signs point that this was a Premeditated Break-Up. That's a First Degree Offense.

How dare she!

I've only know her for five minutes and already she got onto my Dislike List. I know it's not really a reason to dislike her, but what else do I have to go on? 

After a few minutes and the boys still haven't come back down, Paige and Eleanor decided to go and check up on them. At the time, I wish I went with them. However, figuring that I probably have no right being in that room, considering I've never seen Liam and Danielle as a couple. So, I stayed in the lobby. 

With Trinity.

I can feel her eyes on me as I continue staring at a painting of a man fishing. It's like she's sizing me up and I figure the best thing I can do is just pretend like she's not here. I don't have to acknowledge her if she doesn't acknowledge me, right?

"You know, I saw the break up coming," Trinity speaks up finally.

Damn, and this whole time I thought we were ignoring eachother. 

I force myself to look at her. "Really," I say flatly.

"Well, yeah, I mean, they hardly saw each other and it's only going to get worse once Liam goes on tour," Trinity tells me smartly.

"You don't know that," I say, rolling my eyes. "And besides, it's not your job to dissect their relationship. So, you can stop giving people your opinion. This is between Liam and Danielle, so get your nose out of thier business."

Trinity's jaw drops in shock as if no one has ever spoken to her this way. And once again, I'm confused. What does Niall see in her? Why would he like her?

"You know Maddy, you're making it really hard to like you," Trinity says harshly.

And you arent?

"Well, lucky for me, I don't really need you to like me," I tell her, leaning back in the sofa.

"Yeah, well normally I wouldn't care either," Trinity says, "But Niall, for some strange reason, thinks you're really cool, so I'm at least trying to tolerate you."

I'm taken back. Why is she acting like this? The first time I met her, she gave me a list of runs to follow and so far I haven't been following any of them. Its weird seeing Trinity act like she has a heart. Is she really trying to tolerate me because Niall and I are friends? Yes. And that must mean she actually really cares about the Irish boy. I don't know if I like this side of Trinity. Where is the Trinity that goes walking around half naked, acting like shes the hottest thing around? Where is that Trinity? This Trinity is somehow more confident in herself rather than her status and I don't like that.

And there is no denying it. Trinity really does care for Niall.

And it kills me to recognize that. 

"Well, it's not only me," I mutter back.

Luckily, I don't have to hear her answer because just then, a young lady, who I quickly recognize as one of the bridesmaids from earlier, steps through the threshold, indicating towards us. "Clodagh is about to throw the bouquet! You two better come out!"