Prologue

It's 1 AM and you're still awake. You can't blame yourself, your step parents are always angrily yelling at each other each and every single night. You can never get a wink of sleep to save your life. It's terrifying, it's like a never ending loop of: Drink, yell, take it out on me. That's why it's so scary, why do they have to take it out on me? That's what you ask yourself every night, waiting to find an answer but nothing comes. You put a pillow over your ears to try and silence the yelling, of course, nothing works. You just have to sit through it. You felt your body shaking, you felt your stomach drop. It was getting louder and louder until..it got silent.

This wasn't good, this wasn't good at all. Not for you. You heard footsteps coming up the stairs, you clutch your blanket, and close your eyes really tight. The door slammed open, you bolted up out of reflex with a terrified look on your face. Not this again, please not this again. Your step mom looked hung-over and mad, she looked you in the eye and started yelling at you. "WHY ARE YOU SO WORTHLESS? WE ARGUE BECAUSE OF YOU. GOD DAMN IT YOU ARE SUCH A MISTAKE, YOU ARE THE REASON YOUR MOTHER AND FATHER DIED. I WISH I WASN'T LEFT WITH SUCH A PATHETIC EXCUSE OF A CHILD."

Your eyes teared up, how could any  of this be your fault? You were just sleeping. You froze, you didn't even say a word, you just kept looking her in the eye letting tears drop from your eyes and run down your cheeks. Your step mom was still yelling but you weren't paying attention, not with all these negative thoughts going around your head. Not like this. You instantly gained your focus back as you saw your mother whip out her shoe. You jolted back, into the corner of your room, you didn't say a word. You felt your words lock in your mouth. You closed your eyes and looked away as you felt the stings of her shoe hitting you.

She kept yelling swear words at you and you heard the slapping against your skin. You wanted to scream in pain but you just couldn't, you were terrified. nothing went through your mind. She eventually put her shoe down after leaving you bruised, she then whipped out her arm and punched you hard in the face, bruising your cheek badly. it was all purple. She didn't feel any remorse at all. that's when you screamed in pain, that's when you started crying.

She looked at you and mocked your crying, then told you to "shut the hell up" because you were being a baby. You had enough of this, she just went downstairs to go back to screaming again. You crawled back into bed in pain, you started sobbing into your pillow. The bruise on your cheek was bad, and it still hurt. You decided it was time to leave. You were leaving, and you were going to leave today.

No more abuse for me. I've had enough. I escape now. it doesn't matter if they see me leave, I will just run. I will run as fast as I can. I am Y/N and I am stronger than this. I will show them.