07: Explanation and... Statue Games

Amanda POV:

The concert was extraordinary. No words could describe the feelings got on stage; I felt butterflies flutter around my stomach when I sang the ‘perfect’ song I chose. But I have a strong feeling that the butterflies came from a certain stripy boys touch that lasted a millisecond. Sadly, I still had absolutely NO idea why he did that on stage, but I didn’t really mind it. Believe it or not, it gave me some confidence.

When the boys finished their last hit song ‘What makes you Beautiful’ –which I recognized because of my dear friend Danni blaring it through the car speakers every time it came on- they sprinted off the stage as fast as they came, but not without Liam giving a long ‘Thank You' speech which I thought was adorable.

I groggily moved my lazy body away from the perfect viewing area that was on the side of the stage and made my way over to the dressing room. Thankfully, my stage viewing spot attracted no attention from anybody because no one could see me, not even anyone backstage… unless they came and stood right next to me. I guess you could say that I sometimes liked my privacy, but having a good friend beside me wasn’t to bad either.

My ears were still ringing from the excited screams that filled the venue, and my back felt like an ocean… of sweat. My black ripped skinny jeans and teal blue tank top that said ‘Young Wild & Free’ was soaked in sweat as well. But a huge grin wasn’t leaving my face.

That was until I bumped into a ‘special’ someone.

“Oh there you are!” She exclaimed, God I really don’t want to hear her voice.  In front of me was the one and only ‘meanie hairdresser who has a weird hot pink beret’.

Yeah, I know our little ‘fight’ wasn’t even that bad but it still got on my nerves. I have absolutely no tolerance for people getting moody for no reason. Have they heard of the saying ‘Think before you speak?’

“Yeah! Here I am!” was my dull reply. I side stepped her and started to walk away. She was so not going to ruin my mood. I let her pass through my mind, not really caring what she had to say to me.  Minutes later I heard her again. Where’d she come from?

“Your singing is almost as bad as your outfit, I wonder what Simon was thinking when he hired you as my boys ‘opening act’. He obviously wanted a bad singer so One Direction would look good.” That caused me to stop is my tracks, but I still heard her footsteps coming after me. My body turned to face her, giving her a sweet smile.

“Did anyone ask you for your opinion?” I calmly asked her showing NO emotion. She was really getting on my nerves but I was not letting her know that she was. That’s what she wants and I won’t give it to her. She obviously didn’t reply. Gosh she’s stupid. I swiftly turned around and continued my way to the dressing room.

Suddenly, I heard her heels start to click extremely fast on the cement floor, but the sound was unsteady like she was having trouble running in them. Hell, who wouldn’t? Those heels are about 5 inches bigger than her own foot.

Ignoring her, I made it swiftly to the dressing room that stored every ones clothes. My right hand was centimeters away from the heavy metal door handle when I heard 2 crashes. My head turned whipped around behind me to find out what was happening. 

The last thing I saw was a ‘Barbie Pink’ fake nail pushing me to the ground, then I was sucked into blackness.  

We went into another round of laughter, soon clutching our stomachs. The sun deflecting off of the ocean water made it hard to see his slender face. The wet sand by the shore made our shirts sticky from laying on it for so long, but we could care less. We didn’t plan to come to the beach, but it just so happened to come in the way to the park.