05: Drastic Decisions

Amanda's POV:

There were 10 minutes until the concert.

The sad part is, I didn’t get to do sound check. Hair and Make-up took way too long, and the venue was full by the time I got my wardrobe on. So, I got no practice other than when I was on the stage. 

"Amanda your up on 5." One of the backstage crew called after me, while shooting me a confused look. Me being just as confused as he was, I sent him one back.

Than he nodded to where I was standing. Soon, I noticed that I was slowly walking away from the stage.  I told you I mindlessly walk when I’m nervous! Potato Munchies, I wonder what will happen on stage. Breathe Amanda Breathe, just do as you practiced and everything will go perfectly! Wait… you didn’t practice.

"GAH! WHAT THE HELL! JUST DO IT!" I had to let it out. Now I was walking in de-formed circles, and I have bumped into many people backstage. Thankfully, they didn’t say anything.

"Potato Munchies, you could have just done sound check in the past 10 minutes. MIC-RO-WAVE." Random outbursts mixed in with sensible reasons of regret is a great way of getting rid of your nerves!

And it is also a good way of attracting Niall Horan.

"DID SOMEBODY SAY POTATO MUNCHIES? How have I never head of those before?" I swear, that boy has food detecting devices stuck in his body. God knows where!

"Amanda your on in 5… 4… 3… 2... 1… NOW!" Called the stage manager -or I think he was the stage manager.

By now I was the opposite of moving around. No I am not nervous, I’m terrified. My feet were glued to the spot, not daring to move a centimeter.

Suddenly, I felt a warm hand in my shoulder, but I still moved less than a statue.

My senses blocked up, I couldn’t hear the roaring of the crowd from behind the curtain, or feel the somewhat comforting hand on my shoulder.

Comforting.

I turned my head behind me and found my nose touching another, that being a certain curly haired boy. I quickly stepped back showing absolutely no emotion whatsoever. I didn't even feel anything.

Harry on the other hand was a whole different story. A story I couldn’t deal with at the moment.

"Calm down Amanda, you’ll do great. Just sing as you would by yourself in you’re bedroom, although I might join you in there." He said somewhat encouragingly, while wiggling his eyebrows at the end.

Cheeky pervert.

"Thanks for your words of wisdom Harry, and no, you can’t join me." Was my cheeky reply back.

Visually I relaxed but on the inside I was running laps. It’s good to know that I’m back to nervous again. That’s better than nothing I guess.

The last thing I saw was an encouraging smile, until lights blinded me and I was defend by screams.

Thankfully I had earplugs in my pocket. Yup! Earplugs. That’s the Amanda I know.

Louis' POV:

We left hair and make-up before Amanda so I wasn’t able to see how beautiful she would look… not that I cared.

The boys and I made our way to wardrobe, grabbing the clothes on the dressing room hangers that were placed out for us.

Like the usual, I got my navy blue and white striped long sleeved shirt with my lovely red chinos. Zayn got his white chinos and blue and white varsity jacket. Liam got his plaid shirt and cream chinos. Niall got is red polo and cream chinos and Harry had the usual blazer, white shirt and bow tie.