'20

"So, you two are no longer speaking?" Adam declares as he watches his kids play with their forks and not actually consuming the spaghetti he made

"I don't speak to dickheads," Jordan spats before putting the carbohydrates on her mouth.

"Then stop talking to yourself," Jake retorts and before Adam can even tell, they are both back at throwing insults and yelling on the table like the two prideful people they are.

"Calm down right now or none of you will get pay this month," Adam states calmly after seeing the two siblings going back and forth for five straight minutes.

"That is not fair!" Jordan raises her voice as her father gives her a sternly look making her regret her tone. "Sorry,"

"What is the matter between you two?" Adam asks his siblings. "Jake, your point of view first," He looks at his son who nods and starts speaking.

Jake gives detailed information about his conversation with his sister in where Jordan intervened with a few groans or fake laughs. Adam nods after processing the information making Jake put a winning smile on his face as the brunette rolls her eyes.

"Now, can I speak?" She wonders staring at her dad.

"No," He simply says making her gasp. "No, because if you ask me, it was really stupid from you to even listen to this dumbass," He points to her brother who has a surprising look. "Princess, he has never been in a relationship in his whole life and he just wants to interfere in yours? Don't you even dare to let him," Her father states. "And you," He looks at Jake. "Mind your business and get your ass in the workshop!" Adam finalizes before getting up from the table and taking them to the kitchen to wash them.

"See!" Jordan smiles hugely. 

"You are lucky the boy is rich and famous, otherwise you wouldn't have dad eating from the palm of your hand!" Jake retorts frustrated.

"That's not true, Jake," She denies with her head before imitating her father's actions.

"Give me that," Adam smiles grabbing the plate from his daughter's hand and proceeding to wash it. 

"Dad, why do you agree with me?" She wonders seating on top of the counter as she dries the dishes.

"You turned 20 yesterday, I want you to live your life freely, I want you to make mistakes so you can learn from them," He explains calmly.

"So, loving him is a mistake?" She raises a brow.

"Not necessarily but you need to allow yourself to love someone even if at the end that someone is not who you thought it was," He gives her a smile. "I'm proud of the woman you have become, darling,"

Jordan lowers her head, she wishes she was proud of herself too. "I always wanted to be grown up. When I was little I couldn't wait to be a teenager and go to high school." She starts explaining as she plays with her fingers on her lap. "When I got there I wanted to be done with it, wanted to get out into the world, the real one, and live in it. The thing is, that world doesn't exist, Dad," She looks up to him. "All growing up means is that you realize no one will come along to fix things."

"That is because you don't need anyone to fix things for you, Jordan," Her brother interrupts walking in with his plate in hand. Jake has been standing on the door frame listening to their conversation go. "Tell me, why do you want to spend the rest of your life depending on someone?" He asks her.

But, sometimes she just wants to set herself on fire just to see who will try to tame the flames. 

"Fix what?" Adam questions her furrowing his brows.

"It doesn't matter," She spats jumping from the counter and disappearing from the kitchen.

Later that day, Adam made both of his kids to go to work, they have a lot of work so he needs everyone working. Jordan ignored decently Peter the whole day, even though Jake noticed giving each other strange gazes. 

As the girl is under a car fixing its suspension she overhears a fight and as soon as she recognizes the voices she slides out of it and makes her way to the altercation. "What the hell is going on here?" She yells grabbing Trent from his shirt separating him as her brother grabs Peter.

"I was just telling him how good you are in bed," Peter smirks and before she can even reply Trent throws a punch.