'27

Jordan's eyebrows furrow at the words coming out of his mouth, she just can't read through his eyes, she just can't tell if he lies or tells the truth, he is unpredictable for her and a mystery

"You're not in love with me, not really, you just love the way I always make you feel." She states as she takes his hand off her arm slowly.

"What do you mean?" He wonders confused.

"Like you are the center of my world. Because you are and I would do anything for you." She honestly admits before turning around again and opening the door but he slams it before she can even step outside.

Trent has her pinned against the wall, he can't let the girl of his dreams walk away, at least not without putting a fight.

"Stop that Jordan," He breathes. "Stop lying to yourself because you are scared,"

"I am not scared," She lies but he damn well knows that when she lies, she can look at the person straight in the eyes and that is what she is doing right now.

"You just grasp at whatever you can to push me away." He stats. "You're scared because you're in love like you've never loved anyone else before." He stops. "You're scared because someone like me can break your heart and that's terrifying,"

Jordan denies with her head without looking at him as she tries to hold her tears, she just can't let herself break in front of him. "No,"

"Jordan," He grabs her chin to make her look straight into his eyes. " I know that because right now, you're breaking mine."

Jordan has never seen herself in this position. She knows how to be cold. From her childhood, she has learned how to hide any softness under a thick layer of icy disinterest, but then he came along. She doesn't know what it is about him, but he makes her forget all of that. His words make a soft, warm blush appear on her cheeks, but he just laughs and tells her she is even cuter like that. Nothing she does drives him away or makes him stop wanting her; even when she is a stammering drunk mess, his arms close around her making all her doubts fall silent. He came around when she least expected him, and now this soft yet cold heart of hers has thawed. Here she is, crying over the power he has on her, crying over every word that comes out of his mouth because it's true, she loves him.

"Why?" She wonders.

"Why what?" He replies confused.

"I need to know why you love me," Jordan declares, finally making eye contact with him.

"Because I do," He sighs as she denies with her head.

"I really want to trust you when you say those words," She insists. "So, maybe if I know why I wouldn't be so scared of hearing them,"

"Are you scared of hearing them or saying them?" He questions her raising a brow and she remains silent. His mother always taught him, that if a girl is silent, it's dangerous. She is either about to blow up, needs a hug, falling apart, crying inside or all of the above. "Okay," He nods. "If you want to know why I will tell you why," He speaks softly.

"I love you because you make no apologies for being exactly what you are,"

"What am I?" She asks interrupting him one more time.

"You are smart, overthinker, insecure and different." He enlists. "You know what the real world is like. You analyze every little thing in life. Why? To avoid getting hurt and to find happiness. You stay up at night trying to think about every possible situation to get through all the problems."

"How do you know that?" She interrupts him.

"Because every night we spent together I watched you through the night with your eyes open as you look at the roof and your fingers play with the edge of the blanket," He admits taking her by surprise, she has never noticed him awake in the night. "You think too much, you trust less people and your insecurity proves your respect towards yourself. You know your worth, and you are worth to keep by my side." He states.

Jordan opens her mouth to say something but he cuts her off immediately. "But-,"

"And if that it's not enough, I can't stand the thought of you with anyone else. I don't care what it costs or where we half to go. I just wanna be with you." He finalizes. "If you want to keep asking why I love you, I could go on and on because-,"

"Am I being stupid for wondering how someone like you can love someone like me?" She cuts him off this time. "How all of is this just surreal to me?"

"Someone like me?" He frowns. "I know I am almost an impossible person to love but-,"

"No, Trent, that's not it, don't act like you don't know the difference between us," She states but he keeps having a confused look. "I live in around Lord Street and Dorans Lane, you live in Oldfield Road. Everyone in the world knows who you are, my father has trouble remembering my name."

He knows he heard those words before and the next phrase comes out in the most literal way he could ever think of. "And don't forget, I'm also just a boy standing in front of a girl, asking her to love him,"

• • •
happy new year!
i wish you all the best,
and thanks for reading <3
love you all