Cherry Bomb

Trigger warning ⚠️:
Violence and blood
(it's also gonna be a longer chapter)

~~~

Yuta was silent for the entire flight, a tugging in his chest pestering him the whole 2 hour flight. This was all his fault, and he knew Taeyong was probably mad at him.

NCT had been establishing bases in different countries over these 3 years, and Yuta was put in charge of the ones based in Japan. Anything that happened, that needed to be done, had to go through him.

So, when he heard that an entire base had been taken down by a local gang, he felt a pang of guilt shoot through his chest, almost like a bullet, and he knew what those things felt like.

"Hyung, you did your best. It's not your fault." Winwin tried to comfort his older member, patting Yuta's back in attempt to calm him down in some way or another.

Usually, Yuta would be calm just looking at Sicheng, but this time, none of it was helping. He put the entire gang in jeopardy, all their info, their weapons, that gang had access to it now. He was surprised that Taeyong hasn't lodged a bullet in his head yet.

"Yuta, it's fine, the security system in there is top notch, they won't be able to get to the valuables there. It'd take them a few days at least," Johnny stated from behind their seats, his signature laid back tone lining his voice.

Still, Yuta felt no different, just as tense, just as guilty.
.
.
.
Two guards stood by the entrance to a club, a neon sign above the doors illuminating the narrow and cramped stairwell they were in. The fresh smell of iron filled the area, one of the guards pinching his nose as his face wrinkles.

"Ugh, how long are they going to take? I can't stand these bodies any longer," he groaned, nudging the blood soaked bodies of the bouncers of the club, their blood painting the walls red.

"Ummm, what the-" a customer had walked into the stairwell, spotting the scene that was displayed before him. A hand went over his already masked face, the stench of the corpses getting stronger by the minute.

One of the guards pointed his gun at the poor man, his finger over the trigger. He aimed for the man's heart, steadying his hand into position.

"You're not supposed to be here, buddy," the guard yeased as he pulled the trigger, the loud gunshot piercing through the tight space.

"Wait what the fu-" the guard was interrupted by a bullet to the head, his other friend dropping dead beside him as well, blood gushing out from his chest.

The man pulled down his mask, blowing the smoke from his handgun. Doyoung stepped over the four bodies, cringing as red liquid flowed down the steps, making a tiny pool of blood. After all these years, he still hasn't gotten used to the messiness of being in the mafia.

He exhaled, placing a hand over where the bullet would have landed, but all it left was a hole in his jacket, before bouncing off his vest. He cocked his gun and faces his back against the door.

"Good job, Doyoung. Yuta, WinWin, are you in position?" Taeyong's voice asked from the earpiece Doyoung had in.

"Yes sir," the pair confirmed simultaneously.

"Good. Jae, Johnny, you guys ready?"

"As we'll ever be."

"Alright. Taeil-hyung, are we clear?"

"All good. You can join the bunny."

Doyoung sighed at the nickname, rolling his eyes. Three other members joined Doyoung, each carrying their own firearms. Taeyong was among them, who gave Doyoung a quick nod. Mark and Haechan traded a quick fist bump, before readying their own guns.