Once Again

Im actually rly proud of the hendery portrait so :))) also sort of a light hearted chapter this time. The intense gang stuff is coming soon, i promise :)))

~~~

Now it was Yang Yang's turn to almost spit out his iced tea.

"WHAT?!"

Kun just stared blankly at his brother, still chewing on a bite of his apple.

"I didn't know you were deaf," he shrugged, "and I've known you for 14 years."

"I'm not- ugh whatever. But aren't you just an associate? And you have a job, you're a CEO! Are you just gonna abandon dad's company?"

"You've ever heard of having two jobs?"

The others couldn't help but laugh at the statement, but hushed themselves when they noticed Yang's clear discomfort.

He was silent, which was rare for the usual loudmouth. His gaze drifted to the floor, his mind clouded and unable to process anything.

Why am I so annoyed by this? I mean he's just joining us, it's not a big deal... ugh but why do I hate that idea so fucking much?!

Yang Yang shot up from the floor, muttering a small apology before storming out the training room. The doors slammed shut behind him, making Jisung jump a little.

"Geez, what's his problem?" Haechan commented, popping a grape in his mouth.

"Let the kid be, he's just going through some emotions," Kun sighed, finishing up the last of his apple.
.
.
.
Footsteps echoed through the hallway as Yang Yang stomped his way to the elevator. He pushed the down button before shoving his hands in his hoodie pockets.

*ding!*

The elevator door opened to reveal a man already inside. Yang Yang greeted him with a slight bow while stepping in, pressing the button to his floor...only, it didn't work.

"You need one of these cards, kid," the man held up a lanyard to a scanner, pushing the button to the boy's floor as it beeped.

"Thanks uh-"

"Johnny, Johnny Suh," the man stuck out a hand for Yang, a smile stretching across his face.

"Yang Yang- uh...Liu Yang Yang." The boy firmly shook his hand, trying to act as professional as he could.

"Oh I've heard of you. New kid, amirite?" Johnny enquired, cheerful as ever, "how's first day treating you?"

"Uhhh... it's been fine? I guess," the boy mumbled, looking down.

I think the word 'fine' is quite an overstatement.

The two stood in silence until the elevator stopped, it's doors sliding open.

"Welp, I guess this is my stop," Johnny took a step forward, but turned to say-

"Oh, and you should talk to your brother. Let him explain, I'm sure he has a good reason for his actions."

Johnny sent a wink Yang's way, before walking off, the doors sliding shut.

...well, that was an experience.
.
.
.
As the doors to his floor opened, he could already hear various noises and sound effects coming from the machines. He stepped off, greeted by those colourful machines, a few people already using them.