Four

Flashback

Lea felt her breath hitch nang muling bumulong si Rachel sa kanya, "Let me take you tonight."

"H-hindi ko po alam, ma'am. We barely know each other. You're basically a stranger to me, ma'am."

Rachel said in a husky voice, "I really like the sound of that at ngayon wala ka ng choice kundi sumama sa akin mamayang gabi. Ipasusundo kita sa driver ko mamayang 8pm. Goodbye, Lea Carmina San Miguel."

The way Rachel said her name made her palms all sweaty.

Umalis na si Lea ng opisina ni Rachel. She's trying to sort her thoughts out and cluster them coherently. She couldn't even walk properly. Dali-dali siyang lumabas sa building ng kumpanya ni Rachel. She was lost in thoughts, 'what just happened back there? Things happened too quickly. Job interview ang pinuntahan ko tapos ngayon halos di ako makahinga at sobrang init ng pakiramdam ko dahil sa ginawang pagbulong ng babaeng 'yun sa'kin with her husky voice... Ugh! What's wrong with you Lea Carmina!'

"Ma'am, kailangan niyo po ng taxi?"

"Yes please, salamat."

The lobby boy called me "ma'am" pero wala namang espesyal do'n. So, what does Rachel mean when she said she likes it? Ugh! Potah! Why is my anxiety level even rising at the thought of this so-called "dinner" na ipinilit niya?

"Ma'am, naghihintay po ang taxi."

"Ayy shit! Sorry. Ang lutang lang. I was so lost in my train of thoughts. Again, sorry at salamat."

"No worries, ma'am. Have a great day po," ngiti ng binata.

"You too!"

Rachel Zimmerman watched the young girl get in the cab from her office window. Smirking as she muttered to herself, "This night is going to be a fun one."

Present

Lea woke up to an empty bed, "What was I thinking? Of course, she'll leave. Stupida, Lea. Umasa ka pa talaga? Hopia lang?" she thought to herself bitterly. Hindi niya tuloy napansin ang note sa may night stand niya. "Sino ba kasing tanga ang nagsabing kailangan ko 'yung bwisit na 'yon? She's nothing more but my DOMINANT. Ayokong ginagamit 'yong salitang 'yon kasi feeling ko there's something more to us than just that relationship. Pero obviously, feeling ko lang 'yon. FilAm of the year award is awarded to me with crown and scepter. Feelingera at ambisyosa ng taon! Gaga!"

Nadaanan ni Lea ang kwarto ng kanyang lola sa hallway at naramdaman na naman niya ang pagbigat ng damdamin niya. She was hesitant at first but decided to open the door to her grandmother's room, only to be welcomed by the sweet smell of lavender and roses, her lola's choice of scent. Everything looks exactly the same from her lola's perfectly-made lilac-sheeted bed to her color-coordinated closet. Ang tanging nagbago lang naman ay 'yong indoor flower pot plant ng kanyang lola na nagsisimula ng malanta. Suddenly, Lea was overwhelmed with pain that she had to ran out of that room and breathe. She slammed the door and started bawling her eyes out. Hindi niya kaya. "Deep breathes, Lea. Hinga." she psychs herself.

~~~

Naisip ni Rachel na tawagan si Lea to see how she's feeling, she was silently cursing yet another dull meeting. Dapat ay isupervise niya ang meeting na ito with one of their topbill clients pero ang tanging gusto niyang gawin ay makasama lang si Lea. "sana lang nakita niya 'yung note ko di ba?" sabi ni Rachel sa isip niya. Finally, nakita ni Rachel na nagsitayuan na ang mga umattend sa meeting para kamayan ang kanilang kliyente.

"Wag ho kayong mag-alala, you're in very good hands, Miss Zimmerman here runs an excellent company and we would be proud to represent you in court," Gabriel Arellano, one of her friends and colleagues, told the client.

Rachel just smiled at the client and walked out.