worry │ kirishima eijirou

no quirk/no dorm au

"Dude, stop worrying about it!" Kaminari shoved him playfully. "I'm 100% sure he likes you back. You'll be okay."

"But.. what if he doesn't?" (Y/N) sighed, leaning back in his seat while watching his pencil spinning around in his hand to avoid looking at a certain red haired boy. "I don't wanna ask him out and just ruin our friendship."

"Well, if he does say no — which he won't — you just have to not be awkward around each other. Then you'll still be friends."

"How would it not be awkward?" (Y/N) stared at him. "Whatever. I'll ask him out... soon."

"It better be soon, I'm sick of your constant stressing," Kaminari shook his head. "I'm not a free therapist for everyone, y'know."

(Y/N) snorted, grateful for Kaminari trying to lighten up his mood. "Yes, because you're such a good therapist," he rolled his eyes, a small smile forming on his lips.

Kaminari smiled as well, knocking him in the back of the head with a fist reassuringly. "You'll be okay," he repeated, before looking to the side. "See, there he is now. Why don't you go up and talk to him?"

(Y/N) immediately got nervous, shooting his friend a scared look.

"Don't be a pussy, dude."

"'m not!" (Y/N) protested quickly before standing up and walking over with fake confidence while Kaminari snorted out a "yes you are."

"Hey, Kirishima," he greeted before almost tripping over his own foot like a fool.

"(Y/N)!" the redhead greeted in return with a cheerful grin, looking up from his phone. "What's up?"

(Y/N) shrugged, "Nothing." He snuck a glance back at Kaminari who stuck up a thumbs up. He stifled a laugh, easing up slightly. "I was wondering.. if you still needed help to study? I remember you talking about that earlier last week."

"Oh, yeah! I still do," Kirishima nodded, huffing out a breath angrily. "If math was a human you could probably see him beat me up everyday with a stick during class."

(Y/N) rolled his eyes with a small laugh. "I can help you with that if you help me with whatever we're learning in science."

"Sure, that's easy for me," Kirishima said excitedly again, typing something on his phone. "We can meet tonight, if you want? I'll text you before I come."

"Sounds good," he replied, suddenly nervous again before Kaminari dragged him away while throwing an excuse at Kirishima.

"Way to go!" the blond patted him on the back aggressively. "Sorry I pulled you away, but I could tell you were going to say something stupid."

(Y/N) shot him a glare.

"Anyways," Kaminari continued, oblivious to the glare. "You two act like best buddies, and you two obviously have chemistry, which is great news. You two work well together. You didn't even seem nervous for almost the whole conversation!"

"Thanks, Kaminari," (Y/N) blushed slightly, hiding his face into his hoodie. Kaminari grinned wider and began ranting about something else, leading them back to their seats at the back of the class.

When the end of school arrived, (Y/N) was only slightly nervous. All he had to do was not make a fool of himself, which was easy sometimes.

He only had to make it home and clean up a bit before letting Kirishima over before they worked on their homework. He kept reassuring himself that this wasn't a big deal, since he wasn't even planning on asking him out.