new year, new you │ monoma neito

thank you all so much for suggestions, i did my best to get some done!

(also i procrastinated i'm sorry)

"Should I do a new years resolution?" Monoma stretched out on (Y/N)'s bed, ignoring his glare.

"You need to stop sneaking into our dorm house."

"What'd you say?"

"Why don't you try to focus on something else rather than A-1? I think you're kinda.. ruining your self esteem?" (Y/N) continued, flopping down next to him.

"What do you mean?" Monoma sniffed, eyeing (Y/N) carefully.

"I think you're a little self conscious, Neito," he replied. "When you say you're better than 1-A.. I think.. you're just trying to prove yourself. It's okay that people are better than you, but you should focus on something else."

"They are not better than us.. and what would I focus on?" he asked a bit glumly, sighing slightly.

"Something that interests you! Or makes you happy? Something that doesn't make you literally go rabid to prove yourself."

"Rabid?"

"You act super weird whenever you talk to 1-A," (Y/N) shrugged. "They think you're creepy."

"You don't think I'm creepy.. right?"

"I think you're very smart, Monoma," (Y/N) rolled his eyes, "but I still stand by what I said. You need to stop bugging class 1-A."

Monoma watched him leave, and now he was alone in (Y/N)'s dorm room.

"Wait-! I forgot this was my dorm!" he rushed back in. "Get out!"

"Do you know what (Y/N)'s favorite color is?"

"Why are you here," Bakugou deadpanned as he stared at Monoma.

"Do you know what his favorite color is or what? Oh, do you know how to defeat him in a fight? I need to impress him."

Bakugou slammed the door on him.

Monoma went to the next door and knocked. Kirishima opened the door, staring blankly at him.

"How'd you sneak into into our dorm building?" Kirishima stared as Kaminari peeked out from behind him.

"Yeah, dude. That's kinda creepy. Plus, you interrupted our gaming night."

"Whatever," Monoma rolled his eyes, "I need to know whatever you know about (Y/N)."

"So you can kill him and take his spot in 1-A? No way!" Kaminari waved his arms around rapidly. "I'd never sell my bro out like that-"

Kirishima elbowed him in the side. "I doubt he'd do that," he turned to Monoma. "Dude, if you're so interested him, just go ask him yourself." The door closed.

"They say dude a lot don't they?" Monoma whipped around, seeing (Y/N) giving him an unimpressed look.

"I-.. um. Yep, now I gotta go-"

"What are you doing here?" he glared, dragging him back into his own dorm. "Please tell me you're not trying to find a way to beat them-"

"No!" Monoma shouted, quieting down when he heard an angry explosion a room down. "I was just y'know.. busting myself with something I liked."

"Which is?"

"You," he turned red.

"Oh. You were asking others about me?"

"That sounds creepy."

"So that is what you were doing," (Y/N) sighed. "If you wanted to ask me out, you should've just asked me."

"What."

"What?"

"Nothing," Monoma said, absolutely fine with what was occurring. "So.. when's our date?"

"Whenever," he said, dragging the blond into his dorm room. "Let's change your resolution real quick," he shoved him playfully. "Let's change it to studying with me to make it into class 1-A. Then you won't have to sneak into our dorm house anymore."

"I don't need your help, class 1-B is a lot smarter."

"Sure, dude."

"Am I just a dude to you now?"

i can't write monoma i'm so sorry you read this