could only hope│kirishima eijirou

au: botw ;)

"Prince Kirishima," Midoriya leaned around a pillar, a blush evident on his face. "Someone left you a gift.."

"A gift?" Kirishima asked as his eyes lit up. "Really? From who?"

"Um.. (L/N) (Y/N)."

Kaminari sputtered out, "The guard of the Princess of Hyrule?" and Sero slapped Kirishima's shoulder in congrats. Even Bakugou looked up from his sword.

Kirishima wordlessly took the present, opening it up with the utmost care. He took out a ruby bracelet, his eyes widening. He put it on immediately and rotated his wrist, admiring the sparkling jewels.

"Wow..." Kaminari and Sero said in sync, leaning closer to see their reflection.

Kirishima's face matched the jewels.

"Man, you better out-do him!" Kaminari knocked their shoulders together goodheartedly.

"Oh.. trust me, I plan on it," Kirishima pulled on Bakugou's arm to lead him to the entrance of their home.

"Where are we going, shitty hair?" Bakugou grumbled, ripping his arm out of Kirishima's grasp.

"We're not going far," Kirishima replied. "We're just going down the walkways until we get to the luminous stone deposits!"

Bakugou caught on. "Necklace or bracelet?"

Kirishima grinned evilly. "Both."

The next time the Royal Family of Hyrule visited, Kirishima was prepared with gifts of his own. "Here!" Kirishima shoved a chest into (Y/N)'s chest, watching as the knight scrambled to hold it.

The knight opened it with a smile and took out the luminous stone jewellery. The first he lifted was a necklace with knots tied into the string. After each knot was a luminous stone. It was clear the prince had made it, but it was still well made.

The second he picked up.. it was obvious Bakugou did most of the work. It was neat and the none of the gems were scuffed. But.. the knight's smile grew. He liked the Kirishima made one better.

"Thank you, Prince Kirishima," the guard put it on after admiring it for a few moments. Kirishima blushed. "I really like these. I think I'll wear this with everything."

Kirishima's blush worsened. "Yeah.." he replied a bit distractedly. The knight gave him an exasperated look that was mixed with fondness.

"(Y/N)!" the princess called, and the knight gave Kirishima an apologetic glance. He walked to the direction of the princess.

Kirishima sighed, and jolted at the feeling of a hand patting his head. He glared up at his father.

"You're in love."

"I know, Dad.." he crossed his arms. "You don't need to point it out!" King Kirishima laughed.

"Well, the royal meeting ends at sunhigh.. but you could invite the princess to stay for dinner.
And I know her father isn't one to decline a chance of getting to know other kingdoms over dinner." Eijirou gave his father a skeptical glance.

"What does that have to do with (Y/N)..?" The king sighed.

"They'll have to stay overnight, Eijirou."

"Dad, you're a genius!" Kirishima looked up at him with glowing eyes. "I can invite him to my roo-... I can invite him for some friendly bro tournaments.."

"I don't care what you do, Eijirou." The prince only nervously smiled up at him.

"Let's go," he led his son back into the main part of their kingdom. Now all Kirishima had to do was wait.

"Princess.." Kirishima approached the princess nervously. "Would you and your father like to stay for dinner?"

The princes seemed to want to decline but her father stepped in. "Of course we would! I heard this place has a great connection to the goddess-" The princess's face fell. Kirishima couldn't understand why.

(Y/N) stayed silent through the whole exchange, not even glancing at Eijirou which saddened the red haired prince.. but only slightly. He was still excited for what was to come. King Kirishima led the princess and her father out towards their dining area.

"Meet me on my balcony afterwards?" Kirishima asked with a hopeful look.

"Sure," the knight agreed, breaking his facade to send Kirishima a smile. They walked together the dining room.

Kirishima sat in one of the chairs and the knight surprisingly sat next to him instead of the princess. Kirishima hid his smile by covering his mouth with his hand.

After the dinner was over, Kirishima stole (Y/N) away while the others figured out their rooms for the night. He took (Y/N) into his room and out onto the balcony.

They stood in silence for a few moments and Kirishima desperately thought for a conversation.

"You're meant to defeat Ganon right..? You were chosen by the sword.. Hero of Hyrule.." Kirishima mumbled quietly in the night, resting his arms over the balcony of his room. This wasn't the best conversation topic, but the prince didn't like the silence.

(Y/N) nodded, staring the dark, clouded sky. "But the princess hasn't unlocked her power yet?" Eijirou continued. "Is that why the king wanted to stay? For the Goddess?"

"She hasn't, not yet," the knight confirmed and looked over to Kirishima. "Maybe she'll get it finally in a dire situation? I don't think she'll get it here.."

"Oh, maybe!" Kirishima nodded enthusiastically. "I hope there isn't any of those types of situations though."

(Y/N) shrugged, and Kirishima finally pushed off the railing and took a hold of the other's arm.

He led him out of his room and snuck out to the ball room. "Prince-"

"There's no guards out right now.. Well, there's some outside the castle, but that's it. No one will see and it's dark anyways!" Kirishima defended his actions, admiring the glowing necklace on (Y/N)'s neck and wrist.

"If you say so.."

The knight and prince took turns twirling each other around and dipping each other.

"You're horrible," Kirishima laughed as the other stepped on his foot again.

"Well, sorry I wasn't trained to dance, prince," (Y/N) rolled his eyes with a smile. Kirishima smiled widely in return and pulled him downwards to sit down.

Kirishima leaned back so he stared at the chandelier that glittered with the light from the moonlight. (Y/N) shifted and soon mimicked him so they were both laying next to each other. Kirishima loved moments like these. The peaceful ones. He wanted more of these.

"Whenever Calamity Ganon returns.." Kirishima whispered. "I know I'm not yet powerful enough to help.. but you have to promise me that you won't– you won't.."

"I can't promise that, Eijirou. But I'll do my best.. for you."

Kirishima moved closer and rested his head against the knight's shoulder and let out a sigh. He could only hope.

"I'll return to visit after we head up to the Spring of Wisdom with the other champions and the Princess..." the knight promised in an attempt to lighten the prince's mood.

"Fine. It's a date," Kirishima replied with a bright smile.