Divided They Fall

"Talk to me." Minerva demanded, holding her belly, gritting her teeth in discomfort as Violet made her way down the unfamiliar streets, trying to find the closest hospital. Why didn't she think of calling an ambulance? It had all happened so fast, Minerva's parents had shoved the keys at her and the red head was screaming in pain. She just took Minerva and left, leaving a very pissed off wife behind, "I need a distraction." Minerva huffed.

The thought of Clementine fuming back at the hotel churned her stomach. She was not going to forgive this very quickly, especially since the brunette wasn't feeling very well herself. Violet knew she should have stayed and helped her wife but at least her mom had the kids and Clementine could get some rest in their room without worrying about them.

"What do you want to talk about?" Violet huffed back.

Minerva relaxed and rested her head against the seat, "Want to know what my babies are?" The sky was getting dark now, the sun sinking below the horizon. Violet wished she was watching it from the beach with Clementine instead of in this car going to the hospital.

"Sure." Violet shrugged. She agreed to help because she was a good person, not because she wanted Minerva in her life again. She didn't want to be too friendly and have Minerva get the wrong idea. Plus honestly, she really didn't care.

"Three boys and one girl." Minerva said, unconsciously rubbing her stomach with her hands.

"Any names picked out?" Violet asked, trying to be polite.

"I was thinking, Lucy for the girl. Vincent, Kade, and Milton for the boys." Minerva said casually.

"Are you kidding me? Minerva, you're absolutely insane!" Violet shook her head, Minerva hadn't matured a day since they had broken up.

"What are you talking about Vi?"

"Lucy, Luke. Vincent, Violet. Kade, Kaylee. Milton, Milli. You can't honestly say you didn't do that on purpose." Violet scoffed.

"It's a coincidence I swear! Those are all family names!" Minerva said, trying her hardest to sound sincere, having to look out the window to hide her smirk.

"Sure." Violet shook her head in disbelief, "You're naming your babies after me and my children, that's... that's mental Minerva..."

"I'm not, you can ask Sophie!" Minerva defended.

"Whatever, look, after you get checked in at the hospital, I'm leaving. I'm sorry you got pregnant with quadruplets. That the dad, whoever it is, isn't around to help you, but you're going to be a mom now. You're responsible for those kids, this isn't a game. Their lives are not a game. You need to grow up real fast Minerva or else give your kids up for adoption, let someone that wants children take them." Violet said, voice deadly serious.

"You're right." Minerva sighed, "I know you're right. I'm going to take care of them. I promise I will."

"We're here." Violet said, pulling up to the front of the hospital where they had a drop off area, "Get out here and I'll park, then I'll make sure you get to the maternity ward safely and then I'm gone."

"Thank you Violet." Minerva smiled at her as she got out of the car.

"Yeah, yeah." Violet said as the door closed behind the red head. She drove off and found a parking spot. She pulled out her phone and called Clementine, frowning when she didn't answer, she left a message, "Hey Clem, I'm at the hospital. I'm leaving as soon as Minerva gets checked in. I'm sorry I left you so upset. You have every right to be mad, I should never have danced with her. It just happened so fast and you know how awkward I can be... I love you. See you soon."